PDA

View Full Version : Computer Seems to have Died

eugene.nelson
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
I have a Best Buy ASUS G75VW and I love the comp. Today I went into my room to turn it on and all I saw was the keyboard light up, absolutely nothing on screen, and no hard drive activity. The only lights on are the lightbulb indicator and the power plug in indicator. Anybody have any ideas?

SubmersedHollow
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
hard reset it by removing battery for about ~1min then try again. if not i hope for another solution

TokoDude
03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
check if the connectors isn't lose on your pc

Arvinaaaaa
03-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Sane problen with my g55,turns out to be a motherboard problem

Apexing
03-06-2013, 06:43 PM
try and hook up an external monitor, either trough hdmi or the dvi port.
and also try what other suggested about the reset.

Vicodin
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
hard reset it by removing battery for about ~1min then try again. if not i hope for another solution

THIS! My friend has a G74sx and called me up one day telling me how his computer was done for, how his life sucked so much, and how he had to send it in for repair. I asked him what it was doing. He said when he turns it on the screen is just black. So I told him to shut it off, pull out the battery, hold the power button for a few seconds to drain any stray voltage, then put it back together and turn it on. Working ever since. LOL

colpolite
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Better hope it ain't nothing serious or prepare for the best warranty of all time in Asus where everything is vague and they keep your laptop for 3 weeks to 3 months with no real update.

Pitcher@asus
03-07-2013, 02:19 AM
unplug battery and adapter for a while, than plug into try again.
when you power on, are you hearing fan, hdd sound or just lcd can not turn on?

dstrakele
03-07-2013, 03:12 AM
If ASUS Live Update performed a BIOS update that bricked your laptop, hold down CTRL+HOME while starting the laptop. This will hopefully enter BIOS Recovery, where you can flash the BIOS backup file that exists in the root of C:.