PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75VX Bios (difference between downloaded version and version already on laptop)

httuner
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Currently I am working on a modified BIOS for my Asus G75VX, I wanted to unlock some overclocking options along with the ability to change ram timings and such(Just because I'm always wanting to push for more)

Anyhow, I downloaded the Asus G75VX .204 bios off the website and proceeded to work with it and attempt to unlock a few Hidden BIOS menus, well once I completed it, I went to try and attempt a flash with AFUDOS.

Apparently AFUDOS reports back that BIOS Checksum is incorrect. (Now don't get me wrong, I know I modified the BIOS but I made sure the Checksum was the same as the Original unmodified BIOS I had downloaded from the support page)

I then decided to make a backup of the Original Already Flashed BIOS on the laptop using [AFUDOS Original.rom /O] as the command to backup existing bios.

To my surprise I find out that the Original Bios that is currently on the laptop is only 6144kb(in total size) compare to the Original downloaded BIOS on ASUS's support website which sits at 6146kb(in total size)

Odd thing is, both bios is the same version .204 which is current according to Asus support page. CPU-Z and HW64Info reports that my current BIOS is .204_

I am still confused about why there is a BIOS size difference between these two BIOS the one downloaded on Asus support page and the one currently on the laptop considering they are both the same BIOS versions (204)

In theory, I'm guessing this is the reason why I've been seeing a lot of BIOS update failures lately from other owners of the same laptop(It might be due to this checksum error) But who knows?

Anyhow, I'm currently working on a Modified/Unlocked Version of my Asus G75vx 204 bios that I got from backing it up via AFUDOS. I tried flashing it but apparently AFUDOS reports back that there was an error in deleting the old bios but Checksum is correct.

SO I am making some progress with my BIOS modifications.. just really slow. Just thought I would share my findings. Thank you.

Pitcher@asus
03-07-2013, 01:58 AM
what do you mean the same BIOS is difference size? do you mean you look the bios version both of 204 between asus support site and original factor version, but they are difference size?
could you post the photo both of two.

httuner
03-07-2013, 02:14 AM
I will post photos once I get home, but yes the 204 bios that came preflashed onto the laptop is sized differently from the downloaded version off the support page. I figure both Bios being the same version would be the same size but they aren't.

httuner
03-07-2013, 07:49 AM

Here are the Photos/Screenshots of the information on my Laptop_ HWiNFO64 clearly show my BIOS as version .204_

In the photo where I compare the two size of both BIOS files_(Both Bios are version .204) you can see that the BIOS I got from my Laptop is clearly a smaller size than the one I downloaded off the Asus website to the right. You get checksum errors* Even if you are trying to flash the original version of the 204 Bios off the Asus Support page. It won't flash no matter what you do and even if it does, I believe flashing will probably brick your laptop using the BIOS off the Asus support webpage_

But who knows? This is my own findings

httuner
03-07-2013, 07:57 AM

The file names BIOS is the BIOS file directly taken off my laptop and G75VXAS.204 is the BIOS file downloaded off the Asus support webpage. As you can see in the BIOS Strings, it clearly states a different date for each BIOS(Which is strange considering they are the same version)

The Bios file size is also a little different, one being a bit larger than the other one_ So I know if I flash this .204 Bios into my laptop, I would've bricked it_ Glad I figure this out before hand.

httuner
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Double Post*

rewben
03-07-2013, 09:35 AM
hm.. previously i suspected the different file size was due to different implementations of bios in different models (w7/8 machines, thunderbolt or not; e.g. for w7 machines there is no secureboot options, but w8 machines do).

httuner
03-07-2013, 11:19 AM
hm.. previously i suspected the different file size was due to different implementations of bios in different models (w7/8 machines, thunderbolt or not; e.g. for w7 machines there is no secureboot options, but w8 machines do).

Here's the thing though, the G75VX specifically came with windows 8 only_ so its sorta a strange find and on the Asus support page for this laptop there is only one OS to choose from when downloading drivers and such.

I am trying to flash this BIOS and man is this the hardest flash job I had ever had to do_ so far this BIOS is so locked down I can't even flash it_ I tried every possible software, AFUDOS, Asus EZFlash, FTK, AFUWIN_ none of these can flash the modified bios I created for testing_ it seems these programs can't get accessed to allow them to delete the original Bios to flash in the new BIOS, so I'm stuck with having to find another way. :mad:

bignazpwns
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
It's simple.

Launch systems had 203 installed.

Later systems had 204 insalled

People reported the upgrade from 203 to 204 gave them issues so a new 204 was released.

The 204 you download from Asus is this

BIOS 204
Fix bug that post time fails and average test result is 2.5 secs

Dated

11/10/2012

Close the programs and don't flash anything you are in above your head.

The bios is not all that hard to flash if you have experience working with UEFI. However i wont give out any advice on here about it as this is dangerous info in 99% of this forums hands. PS. dont pm me asking for the bios i use or any help. All the info is online that you need to get the flash done. But if you brick it Asus does check the bios to see if it was modded or if programs like XTU were used to adjust settings out of spec.

httuner
03-07-2013, 11:41 AM
It's simple.

Launch systems had 203 installed.

Later systems had 204 insalled

People reported the upgrade from 203 to 204 gave them issues so a new 204 was released.

The 204 you download from Asus is this

BIOS 204
Fix bug that post time fails and average test result is 2.5 secs

Dated

11/10/2012

Close the programs and don't flash anything you are in above your head.

yup, your right I am, but I'm obessed with finding a way to unlock this BIOS and make use of the incredible features I can get accessed to, especially to mess with my ram timings and ram speed adjustments, turbo ratios and such. I would probably brick this thing, I realize that risk but I'm confident enough in my skills that it'll work. I have unlocked a few Phoenix BIOS's before when others said it wasn't possible, I discovered a way to find hidden options and added them to the bios screen to allow user adjustments and AMI isn't so new to me, but this new aptio AMI bios is quite new, but still implements some of the old stuff.

I've been up for 3 nights now after work, just working on this thing_ staring at this screen and working with Hex editor to find clues. Maybe I should just lay this thing to rest and forget about all this BIOS unlocking/modifying obession, but I'm so close to finishing_ just need a way to test it by finding a way to flash this darn thing_ hmm... :D

My last laptop was an old HP Dv6-series, I had fun with that, pushing that poor AMD dual core from 2.0ghz to 2.2ghz and going crazy with overclocks on that old 8400-series GPU with a modified BIOS. Until I killed the laptop by burning out a surface mount resister. :(

I might as well get a G75VW instead(which someone has already unlocked/modified a complete working bios for it) Perhaps I should leave this BIOS stuff alone for a while and just enjoy the laptop lol

httuner
03-08-2013, 05:37 AM

Yup I did it, I can't share this mod bios yet because I have not finalized it to the point where I like it yet!

SUCCCESS AT LAST! WOOT WOOT, this requires a celebration haha_

httuner
03-08-2013, 07:04 AM
I manage to extract the GTX 670MX BIOS from this laptop, but Nbitor does not support this GPU yet so back to the drawing board...

Vicodin
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Wow man... you sure are on a mission! lol. I give you props though. I was looking at what you are doing... But I really only play League of Legends and Diablo 3 so my +135/+500 on my GPU from Asus GPU tweak is just fine for me! lol

httuner
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Wow man... you sure are on a mission! lol. I give you props though. I was looking at what you are doing... But I really only play League of Legends and Diablo 3 so my +135/+500 on my GPU from Asus GPU tweak is just fine for me! lol

Thanks haha, I'm just glad its been a success

httuner
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM

Well, hello finally more success_ BIOS completely UNLOCKED*

I can now change timings or any options I like, Looks like our laptops supports XMP profile ram and maybe even 1866mhz speed ram_ I tried booting these stock ones at 1866 but not happening_ I can now rest happy. Although I can't change timings on these ram, it might just be a ram limitation thing, perhaps once I get those 1866mhz ram I might have better luck_ Until next time, I thought I'll share this little endeavor of mine.

Next stop I am trying to modify a GPU GTX 670MX bios for this laptop, so I can overclock crazy, maybe hit 800mhz by removing the limitations set on this GPU via the GPU Bios.

I don't endorse this sort of modification as it will void your warranty (But who says you can't flash back?) but then again as with all BIOS mods or flashes, the chance of bricking your laptop and having a really nice paper weight or door stop is there too. Happy MODDING =]

httuner
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM

I was able to turn Spread Spectrum clocking down to .0percent instead of the .50 percent it was set on this is basically like disabling spread spectrum on a desktop motherboard. My Bus speed is now completely stable and it doesn't jump from 98-102 or whatever numbers it use to jump back and fourth from. It just sits at 100mhz steady =] :D

gokica
03-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Great job. I am glad that you found a way to extract and flash back a modified bios and that you did all this on your own.

Finally something concrete. Thank you for sharing all this. I will be following carefully your next steps.

Dazog
03-09-2013, 05:28 AM
I wrote a guide for the zenbook here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/707826-asus-zenbook-bios-firmware-modding-thread.html#post9074076

Should work on this notebook.

A friend has this notebook and I upgraded it to 205 before they pulled it. No issues yet. Also NO nvidia bios editors support this nvidia card yet, once they do it is super easy to mod it back in.

This notebook ships with SATA OROM 11.6, you can update it to the leaked version 12 if you so wish also....

Let me know if you have any questions

gokica
03-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Dazog thanks for the link and the elaborate explanation.

Very interesting reading that shades light on some basic prerequisites for this kind of job.

My main concern is the GTX 670MX unlocked bios at the moment. I will join the tests if one can provide the file.

gokica
03-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I am sorry for the second post. What it actually occurred to me is to ask whether optimus can be unlocked by unlocking the hidden bios features?

Thank you.

Dreamonic
03-10-2013, 10:10 AM
I am sorry for the second post. What it actually occurred to me is to ask whether optimus can be unlocked by unlocking the hidden bios features?

Thank you.

In laptops where Optimus is not enabled the IGP is completely disabled, meaning there is physically no connection between the IGP and the laptops display, your dGPU will be used at all times. There won't be a BIOS option to change this. The other reason for not having Optimus is that all the digital outputs are owned by the dGPU to support three or more monitors, with no 3D support, because of that we don't get a MUXless system.

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Grats. Very easy for you to unlock the gpu now. Then you can join me in the 1200+ GTX670mx club lol.

Also remember to set it up with your windows 8 key so you dont have to enter it during the install or put in the required stuff for windows 7. I wont go into details but i can see you know what i mean. Hats off to you just keep it private until you get it tested because if something happens because people do not know what they will burn you alive here for something they did.

httuner
03-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Grats. Very easy for you to unlock the gpu now. Then you can join me in the 1200+ GTX670mx club lol.

Also remember to set it up with your windows 8 key so you dont have to enter it during the install or put in the required stuff for windows 7. I wont go into details but i can see you know what i mean. Hats off to you just keep it private until you get it tested because if something happens because people do not know what they will burn you alive here for something they did.

Thanks_

Its a bummer that no bios editor programs currently support the 670mx, I probably will have to figure out how to hex edit it or find another way, but I'm currently still working on it. I really want to hit that 1200+ GPU clock too, would be pretty sweet as I love suicide runs_ I'm so tired of my desktops, they are too easy to overclock and the limitations are limitless because you have a wider variety of cooling options and definitely more volt modding capabilities.

With a laptop its a challenge, you got a lock down BIOS, then you got limited cooling, so you got to do with what you have =] Its the challenge I'm after. I like having cheap hardware and pushing it to capabilities of more expensive hardware.

One GPU I always have fun with is the GT210, I push that sucker all the way to 900mhz and it still wanted to go but required a volt mod and I just wasn't feeling like figuring out all the requirements to mod the card. =] Anyways hope to get this 670mx to the highest clock I can get it to. There's just something about getting more out of your money that really pushes my need for overclocking haha.

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks_

Its a bummer that no bios editor programs currently support the 670mx, I probably will have to figure out how to hex edit it or find another way, but I'm currently still working on it. I really want to hit that 1200+ GPU clock too, would be pretty sweet as I love suicide runs_ I'm so tired of my desktops, they are too easy to overclock and the limitations are limitless because you have a wider variety of cooling options and definitely more volt modding capabilities.

With a laptop its a challenge, you got a lock down BIOS, then you got limited cooling, so you got to do with what you have =] Its the challenge I'm after. I like having cheap hardware and pushing it to capabilities of more expensive hardware.

One GPU I always have fun with is the GT210, I push that sucker all the way to 900mhz and it still wanted to go but required a volt mod and I just wasn't feeling like figuring out all the requirements to mod the card. =] Anyways hope to get this 670mx to the highest clock I can get it to. There's just something about getting more out of your money that really pushes my need for overclocking haha.

There are ones that work. I modded the stock bios for the GTX 670MX in the G75 and other people modded other brands of GTX 670mx and 675MX's. 1200 is pretty easy if your gpu is good and you upgrade to a 220w psu. I have maxed out the 220 i had and need to go with a 330w but on the upside i hit 1450mhz on my way to 1500 when the new psu gets here.

Also for anyone who says the pictures can be fake here is a vid of a modded G75VX bios up and running on a G75V.X. Please note all the features were not unlocked but can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87vUJ_OY98

httuner
03-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I manage to extract the GPU Bios from the main bios, but can't find a way to mod it yet, still working on it though, would be great if I can find a program that can do so, until then I'm still searching around for more information.

httuner
03-10-2013, 01:31 PM
There are ones that work. I modded the stock bios for the GTX 670MX in the G75 and other people modded other brands of GTX 670mx and 675MX's. 1200 is pretty easy if your gpu is good and you upgrade to a 220w psu. I have maxed out the 220 i had and need to go with a 330w but on the upside i hit 1450mhz on my way to 1500 when the new psu gets here.

Also for anyone who says the pictures can be fake here is a vid of a modded G75VX bios up and running on a G75V.X. Please note all the features were not unlocked but can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87vUJ_OY98

Share the love? :cool: Should let me know what editor you used or how you went about editing the GPU Bios, I would love to push this baby higher. Yes I understand the consequences of damaging anything but I won't gain nothing if I don't risk it. Only reason I bought this laptop was for this purpose of pushing it hard.

My last laptop died on me, I pushed it too far and burnt a surface mount resistor, I ended up resoldering a new resistor in its place but somehow the motherboard was also damage elsewhere so I had to toss my last laptop away lol, served me good for 4 years + then poof one day just gives out, must be because I clock my 8400gs GPU pretty high along with that poor AMD Turion 64x2 haha. I love it though but I did pay 1000USD for that HP DV6-series laptop. Its the price you pay for this hobby of mine I suppose.

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 02:54 PM
I really did not have any issues modding the module. Sure you got the right one? Upload it and send it to me i'll check it out.

httuner
03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l62apm

I uploaded it online, its Option rom 11DE11A1, I'm pretty sure I got the right one considering this module matches up to the Hardware IDs on the GPU.

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l62apm

I uploaded it online, its Option rom 11DE11A1, I'm pretty sure I got the right one considering this module matches up to the Hardware IDs on the GPU.

Went ahead and looked at yours and you have the right file however it is diff. I did not dig to deep but i can tell the memory timings are diff between them should not be a huge issue. That said since there are some diff. i cant just tell you what parts to edit with a hex editor until i get some time to dive into it.

You can trick some programs like KBE to work however i would not trust this at all.

I should have some free time tomorrow if not i wont be able to get around to it until next weekend but i'll mod it with a hexeditior and tell you what i changed. Just strange some things are diff. But it dont really surprise me since i was missing some modules that should of been in my bios that were never there. Guess its just Asus at its best.

gokica
03-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Dreamonic thanks for the explanation. I thought that optimus can be enabled via bios but obviously I was wrong. I do not miss it much but wanted to have the chance to play with it. Anyway I think that we are better off without it than being stuck with it and not having the chance to disable it.

httuner and bignazpwns, thank you for your efforts. I would appreciate if I am being kept in the loop and let me know if there is anything that I can help with. If I had info about the basics and where to start I will surely try contribute in this mission.

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Dreamonic thanks for the explanation. I thought that optimus can be enabled via bios but obviously I was wrong. I do not miss it much but wanted to have the chance to play with it. Anyway I think that we are better off without it than being stuck with it and not having the chance to disable it.

httuner and bignazpwns, thank you for your efforts. I would appreciate if I am being kept in the loop and let me know if there is anything that I can help with. If I had info about the basics and where to start I will surely try contribute in this mission.

Well here is the issue with that. Asus officially said that the G75VX supports it. Then they said it does not. Much like everything they say and do its hard to tell when they are flat out full of bs and lieing or telling the truth about something. I mean there in the G75VX its just asking does it work and really i dont know. Its so hard to get anything outside of the gernaric MS drivers for it installed and without the Intels working there is no hope of this working. But to be honest figure out the HD4000 issues not not even close to the top of the list for stuff i need to do. So that's been moved to the back burner

httuner
03-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Went ahead and looked at yours and you have the right file however it is diff. I did not dig to deep but i can tell the memory timings are diff between them should not be a huge issue. That said since there are some diff. i cant just tell you what parts to edit with a hex editor until i get some time to dive into it.

You can trick some programs like KBE to work however i would not trust this at all.

I should have some free time tomorrow if not i wont be able to get around to it until next weekend but i'll mod it with a hexeditior and tell you what i changed. Just strange some things are diff. But it dont really surprise me since i was missing some modules that should of been in my bios that were never there. Guess its just Asus at its best.

Thank Bro, I really appreciate it_ I've been at it for a while now and so far I can't find anything that will work, I tried KBE but so far no success. Doesn't seem to support it yet(or at least I haven't found a way to make it work)

I suppose I'll look more into what I can figure out also_ still going at it, been at it all night haha

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Thank Bro, I really appreciate it_ I've been at it for a while now and so far I can't find anything that will work, I tried KBE but so far no success. Doesn't seem to support it yet(or at least I haven't found a way to make it work)

I suppose I'll look more into what I can figure out also_ still going at it, been at it all night haha

Hex editing is the way to go.

httuner
03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Hex editing is the way to go.

Thats what I was thinking, been looking around trying to figure out what do what lol_ but yes I'll see what I can come up with and test it_

bignazpwns
03-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Yeah i would just give you the address's i used but the mods are slightly diff. But i'll see what i can do.

httuner
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I've tried every free program out there and so far nothing, been working at the HEX Editor to come up with something but its taking quite some time to figure out what is what.

So far I've come to find 1 BIOS editor program that might work, but requires a small donation of 20 USD_ which isn't free at all, its more like a payment than a donation. It would've been nice if they allow a donation of whatever dollar amount I choose to donate, who knows could be 5 bucks could be 20 or more? But to set a price of 20USD says your selling the software not asking for donations/contributions.

So once I figure out how to mod this gpu bios and others, I'll give away this information for free_ for now I'm still working at it. Won't give up =]

gokica
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
If it is SVET's Fermi/Kepler Bios Tuner, it does not work with our cards.

BTW I noticed on the tech inferno forum in the kepler mod bios page that someone managed to mod the bios on the Clevo (or MSI - can't remember) GTX 670MX by analyzing the GTX 680m bios mod.

I guess it involves hex editor comparisons between the original and modded files as well as some knowledge about bios modding.

httuner
03-11-2013, 03:41 PM
If it is SVET's Fermi/Kepler Bios Tuner, it does not work with our cards.

BTW I noticed on the tech inferno forum in the kepler mod bios page that someone managed to mod the bios on the Clevo (or MSI - can't remember) GTX 670MX by analyzing the GTX 680m bios mod.

I guess it involves hex editor comparisons between the original and modded files as well as some knowledge about bios modding.

Yes that is true, in fact the MSI GTX 670MX Bios is exactly the same as the ASUS one, just rebranded, I have both BIOS Files here (But both are still original bios files and have not been tampered with) Both have the same checksum and both have the same clocks and such_ Just different brandings so I think that you can flash between both BIOS, the ASUS 670mx and the MSI 670MX.

I have asked around for some other programs to add support for this new GPU, but so far no response. I suppose I'll have to keep searching for more information and finding out what I can do. For now its still a work in progress, I know someone out there has got to have some information about how its done, just no one is willing to share that information and if they do, they want to make a few dollars off us.

gokica
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes, I noticed your posts on several other forums where I posted before asking the same thing. The closest that we can get is the Tech Inferno forum and svl7/Prima willingness to mod the bios for us or bignazpwns achieving progress. KGB, Svet's etc. will not help us.

This might help:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-110.html

See the MoonISLe post at the bottom.

httuner
03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Yes, I noticed your posts on several other forums where I posted before asking the same thing. The closest that we can get is the Tech Inferno forum and svl7/Prima willingness to mod the bios for us or bignazpwns achieving progress. KGB, Svet's etc. will not help us.

This might help:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-110.html

See the MoonISLe post at the bottom.

I suppose we're on the same mission, we'll succeed eventually =] haha_ I will look into it more

httuner
03-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah i would just give you the address's i used but the mods are slightly diff. But i'll see what i can do.

Mind sending me a copy of your GPU Bios? I would love to look into it_ would be great if you can. Just use sendspace.com to upload and send the link to me via PM or here.

httuner
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM

With the help of Gokica, my long week of research and modding has come to an end! I finally achieved what I wanted, fully modified BIOS and GPU BIOS_ Now you can overclock past the +135mhz limit on the GPU _ I left memory alone because at +1000mhz its already pretty good =]

Happy MOdding, Thanks to gokica for his endless research too haha!

gokica
03-13-2013, 07:44 PM
I am glad you made it and I am grateful for sharing your findings and knowledge.

httuner
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
I will post up a guide soon once I get the time to type it up_

Dr4g0n36
03-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Good job! for the bios...only if you want to make more experiments...i can send you the .205 installed on my machine...maybe something different could jump out XD

httuner
03-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Yeah, upload it and link it and I can take a look_

Dr4g0n36
03-14-2013, 09:26 AM
ok, here's all XD

https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=7BAB7E9BDEE2E2D4&resid=7BAB7E9BDEE2E2D4%211133&authkey=AObHAMWbTzVFizU

Dr4g0n36
03-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Any news? I'll hope the link is valid ��

httuner
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Link is valid, it seems .205 is almost identical to .204, nothing really different.

Dr4g0n36
03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
ahahahahahahah sounds good XD

chri5d3an
05-01-2013, 05:26 AM
wo this is some great shiz man keep up the good work

MG00711
05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
hey, was just wondering how the guide was coming!

chri5d3an
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
IDK i pmed the guy who was working on this got no response :/

httuner
05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
sorry guys haven't been on this for a long long time_ I will create a guide on Monday when I'm off work, been busy so haven't had much time to get on my laptop to do anything.

httuner
05-04-2013, 10:44 AM
The tricky part about this whole BIOS unlocking thing is that well you got to modify your own BIOS (what I mean by that is that, the BIOS file has to come directly from your LAPTOP via making a backup of your BIOS on your laptop then modifying that to unlock it) (This is due to Windows 8 Keys and Laptop Serial numbers) Using someone elses BIOS will change these keys and serials which might cause software issues( I haven't seen any problems with it yet, but like everyone else, I'd like to keep my windows key to myself and my laptop serial) lol

If you use the BIOS off the downloaded link on the Asus support website, you'll brick the machine (Trust me I know I've done it to my poor laptop) (which is now fixed by the way lol)

So my guide will teach you how to create a backup of your original BIOS on your laptop then going ahead to unlock the features of the bios with a few programs then going ahead to insert in a custom GPU BIOS that will allow you to overclock like mad =]

Please look forward to it_ I want to get it done by Monday and have it posted but maybe it'll take me till tuesday since I'm off work on Mon-Tues lol, I won't post it on here but rather on Overclock.net (I dont think the ASUS mods will like me posting it on here considering it does completely void your warranty and such modifications are not authorized by ASUS)

But do look forward to it in fact I'll start working on it now. lol

chri5d3an
05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
^^ got a response lol

Mee100
08-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Hi htt. I was just scanning your thread, while looking for something else.

Apologies if I've missed something. I haven't read the intermediate posts. You said in your original that you changed the checksum to match that of the original. I'm no expert but if I was writing a flashing utility, the first thing that I would get it to do is run through the bios that the user wanted to flash and make sure that it matched its checksum. If it didn't, I would post some sort of “Fail due to corrupt bios update” message.

I was trying to find out whether bios update differences are described anywhere. There were four upgrades for my motherboard in 2012 and one in 2013! That doesn't inspire confidence. Cheers

NicholasLAranda
05-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Bump.

Where is this guide?

I want to unlock my BIOS

NicholasLAranda
06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Seems HTTuner is dead. Going to try to contacting gokica

Josemikhail
06-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Hello guys, I need you help here. I am trying to revive my bricked G75VX and I would like to know the actual file name of the BIOS in the C: or main drive. Thanks so much!