PDA

View Full Version : New Wallpaper Contest!!

underworld
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
HI, may i sugest another competition of wallpapers?
It's alway's good to have another wallpaper to put on ours screens right?

underworld
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Admins take a look in this!
Who want this Event please speak...

chrsplmr
03-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I would love to see another contest. The talent here is amazing.

There is currently a challenge to: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30054-Let-s-have-some-fun-ROG-Facebook-100-000K-countdown!&country=&status= and Who wouldn't want a kiss from ColonelS ?? hehe

and many wallpaper threads ... in General Discussion.c.

DaemonCantor
03-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I would welcome a new Wall Paper Contest just so I could see what the Creative Minds around here comes up with but as for me you can count me out because my work isn't good enough to compete with all of you.

underworld
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
C'mon guy's...just promote it!!

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 02:44 AM
If you look back @ Wallpaper Contests and the like you will see that 'we' support
any and all efforts to 'promote'.
Worry not.
Post a sample .. Some may take it as a challenge, others as inspiration.
Most play along just for the fun.

[PM] MarshallR, in case he hasn't seen this. [doubtful'very busy]..hehe.c.

_
03-11-2013, 03:37 AM
We can do this!

I will dig around for some prizes first to see what we have :) We might have a Maximus IV GENE-Z still around the office iirc. Better yet I'll ask about game-codes!

underworld
03-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Wow.....that's amazing xD

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Thankyou M.c.

Myk SilentShadow
03-11-2013, 01:20 PM
We can do this!

I will dig around for some prizes first to see what we have :) We might have a Maximus IV GENE-Z still around the office iirc. Better yet I'll ask about game-codes!

Got any new still-in-the-box unused 1100T's out the back that I can take off ASUS' hands? :cool: :p :D ;)

underworld
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
ALright...a lot of interest in this contest.... Let's start this, if asus put prizes a little more expensive it will awesome and atrack a lot of good people in this..

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
ALright...a lot of interest in this contest.... Let's start this, if asus put prizes a little more expensive it will awesome and atrack a lot of good people in this..

hahahha .. Some will do it for a t-shirt (that they may or may not get - I got mine.btw.) .. a sticker .. even just brag'n rights and cudos that come from like minded peers.c.

underworld
03-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Not for a Shirt...loooool.......A place in Asus perhaps..... :P

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
You have a place @ Asus my friend .. you are in it. hahaha

As to the rest .. well one never knows ..
Here is a little fun I had a bit ago .. it may serve to get the ol' juices flowing .. works for me.
Hope you enjoy them.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?6133-PROJECT-BLACK-and-RED

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12222-WIN-a-CrossHair-V-Formula-ThunderBolt-GAME-ON

Let the WallPaper'n flow.c.

underworld
03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I was looking for a designer place......not a hardware..lol

DaemonCantor
03-12-2013, 02:11 AM
I will officially congratulate the Winner here and now because I know for a fact it won't be me because I'm not going to be in it, but I'm thinking it will be Xeromist or Area66....OOOOPPPPPSSSSS! my bad! underworld you got me off track thinking it was Technical some how....but for Art I couldn't begin to say because there are a LOT of ARTIST here on the Forums that are Worlds Ahead of me in skill.

chrsplmr
03-12-2013, 02:45 AM
hahahha .. dc .. ya kill me. Art has Nothing to do with [little 's'] skill.imho only.
Skill is taught, learned sometimes to mastered disipline.
Talent can not be beat into a human even by himself/her.again imho.
Nor can it be denied but only by ones self.
There is No defeat without first a surrender.
My brother, I like to think I know you well. You are a man of many depths,
some of them very dark .. hahahha
Whip that Art out and Sling that ROG.
Like the swagger in a locker room. Swing'n Proud. hahaha.

I double ROG dare ya .. it's not about winn'n .. what's it
always been about ??? yelp ... hahhaha .. ROG'n.
Tech is our neccessity for the 'fun'.
ummm .. the 'fun' is the hole. the 'tech' is the drill ??? .

If you read this far, you too can do wallpaper. hahahha .c.

DaemonCantor
03-12-2013, 03:03 AM
chrsplmr, as you know I have a Wallpaper Thread here and I encourage anyone and every one to add to it, I always have but it's hard getting them out of the Closet and into the light... I have pretty much given up on ROG Art and every once in a while as you know I toss a ..... out there! You fill in the Blank...:p

As to Tech...OH! wait this is a Family Forum .... I just follow my title to the left now!

chrsplmr
03-12-2013, 03:06 AM
I was looking for a designer place......not a hardware..lol
Was this a response to the links ??? or were you responding to a post above.

This is a hardware support forum .. the rest is fun.
design away .. pitch, banter, barter ..
Contest. Right ?

chrsplmr
03-12-2013, 03:08 AM
chrsplmr, as you know I have a Wallpaper Thread here and I encourage anyone and every one to add to it, I always have but it's hard getting them out of the Closet and into the light... I have pretty much given up on ROG Art and every once in a while as you know I toss a ..... out there! You fill in the Blank...:p

As to Tech...OH! wait this is a Family Forum .... I just follow my title to the left now!
That Thead has had mega views and replies ... someday it should actually be a sticky. Be positive. Who knows.c.

DaemonCantor
03-12-2013, 03:09 AM
chrsplmr....STOP LAUGHING! I hate it when I can hear that all the way over here!

chrsplmr
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Not to parade in the rain.

Wallpapers are always fun and contests always a bonus .. if ya like beating a 'dead ghost'.
Even if there is a tragic shortage of wallpapers in the world.

ROG'd out case art/design 'Contest' could be both challenging or rewarding.
Maybe great modders and sponsors are always looking for fresh ideas. Who knows.
It could spark a beatiful 'thang'.. and maybe 'win' a few game codes.

chrsplmr....STOP LAUGHING! I hate it when I can hear that all the way over here!

Not until I assume room temperature my friend.c.

underworld
03-13-2013, 12:50 AM
So when it begins?

chrsplmr
03-13-2013, 02:25 AM
My assuming room temperature ??? or the Contest ??? hahhaha .. give Marshall time to work it out bro ..
it's always worth the wait.
[[ you got some ready to go dont ya ??? hahhaa.. tease us. put one up. ]] .c.

_
03-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Blizzard is sending us some physical special edition boxes of the new StarCraft (no codes, real stuff!), so when I get those we'll be planning and starting the new contest. I don't know how many or what they are exactly yet, so, need to wait for the postie to arrive.

DaemonCantor
03-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Well there you have it folks! Thank You MarshallR for stepping up! may the Competition be a Great one and win more fans over to Asus!

Tomislav
03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Wuiiiii a wallpaper contest...I'll do it for fun...not much of a starcraft fan.tham MBO sounded much better :D However I'm looking forward to this...

underworld
03-13-2013, 10:33 PM
StarCraft ??WOw Me like a lot

_
03-19-2013, 06:53 AM
We've just received and earmarked two HoTS collectors edition boxes for this contest. Would anyone like to suggest changes to the rules before the contest launches? We will add a range of the latest product images in galleries on site before Friday for you to use.

Submitted wallpapers must be at least 2560x1600 in resolution, while 5760x1080 are also accepted for triple-monitor users.
Entries must contain your name and the designs title. (Be inventive! We've got dozens of "ROG" titled ones ;))
There is no limit to the number of entries one person can submit.
Wallpapers must directly reference the ROG brand, an ROG product, or ROG history.
They must remain tasteful (yes we know you guys!): no nips or adult bits. We’ll be liberal, but ROG staff reserve the right to remove entries if they are not family friendly.
The competition ends on xxxxx 23:59pm (GMT) (measured by our ’slightly overclocked’ forum time)
The competition entries will be rounded up on 1st Feb and voted on by ROG forum users (top 2 winners) and ROG staff (1 winner) between xxxxx
ROG will contact the winners by forum private message/registered email address – so please make sure these are monitored.
ROG reserves the right to upload any of the entries (along with due credit to the designer) to the ROG site downloads page when the competition is complete.

underworld
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Resolution: 1920x1080 minimum Resolution
Theme for the wallpapers

_
03-21-2013, 02:08 AM
If you set a minimum people will just default to it :P Is it too much to ask for bigger do you think?

chrsplmr
03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
It's a Challenge. But isn't that the point ?

DaemonCantor
03-21-2013, 07:42 PM
I think your Rules list is perfect MarshallR and no I wouldn't allow 1920x1080 because I want to see just how many people have the Kahunas to work with Dual or Triple Monitor Resolutions....Yes that's a Challenge since none of you like my work and there are so few people out there that can or are even willing to work with bigger than a Bottle of Beer Pictures. I swear most people don't even know that a Monitor can show bigger than 1280x720 unless it's listed in their GAME!

Don't worry all I'm not in the Competition and even if I was to enter I would loose anyway.

chrsplmr
03-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Dc .. hahahha .. I double ROG dare Ya !!!
Actually .. I retract that .. your runn'n crip'l'd ... I mean other than the wheel chair (never disrespect) I know ..
the 1100T let you down, although proudly .. and sadly .. choke .. cough .. Dell.
Much to your expertise, I might add.
I have seen much of your work .. your tri-screens are noth'n to sneeze @.

Spare AM3 or AM3+ of no use ??? .. drop a brother a PM.c.

chrsplmr
03-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Please allow me to make the first offering ... Crysis is more my kinda 'game' but this was too 'delicious' to pass on by ... it just wouldn't be polite. .c.

_
03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
I think your Rules list is perfect MarshallR and no I wouldn't allow 1920x1080 because I want to see just how many people have the Kahunas to work with Dual or Triple Monitor Resolutions....Yes that's a Challenge since none of you like my work and there are so few people out there that can or are even willing to work with bigger than a Bottle of Beer Pictures. I swear most people don't even know that a Monitor can show bigger than 1280x720 unless it's listed in their GAME!

Don't worry all I'm not in the Competition and even if I was to enter I would loose anyway.

We could do two categories: 5760x1080 and 2560x1600? Each has a chance of winning an SC II Special Edition

Myk SilentShadow
03-22-2013, 01:29 PM
We could do two categories: 5760x1080 and 2560x1600? Each has a chance of winning an SC II Special Edition

it's hard enough trying to make a 1920x1080 image on a 1600x900 screen!! i'll have a crap tonne of trouble trying to work with those sizes lmao :p :cool:

DaemonCantor
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
What my friend! you don't have the Kahunas or just .... well I'll leave it at that because truth be told on the larger sizes it's not about the Talented Hand but Skill in Layout and Composition and Insanity. So leave that Girlfriend you found in Kentucky Alone for ten Minutes( she won't mind) and get to work!

As an incentive I leave this.....

No it's not in the Competition so don't vote for it but it's here as an example of a 5760x1080 and it's name is Nano ROG plus it's an old one from when I was learning to use Photoshop CS5 vers. Photoshop 4 for the Macintosh.

Myk SilentShadow
03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
lmfao i'm gonna kill Chris!!! but honestly, IF I had the screen estate it would be a helluva lot easier, so I can test the wallpaper properly and see how it looks and adjust accordingly...btw, she lives in Missouri :p

DaemonCantor
03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
ROFL!....I can walk to her House faster than you could SWIM there! but still chrsplmr did it and he's running about the same REZ as you are ... also that's why in Photoshop or any of the others you can shrink or Blow up the image as needed....

Myk SilentShadow
03-22-2013, 02:15 PM
ROFL!....I can walk to her House faster than you could SWIM there! but still chrsplmr did it and he's running about the same REZ as you are ... also that's why in Photoshop or any of the others you can shrink or Blow up the image as needed....

that's true Bro, but still, sometimes I like to test what i'm working on, to try and get some kind of perfection out of my crap :p lol :cool:

chrsplmr
03-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Myk .. what program are you using ?? there is a tab on top to work it @ say 50%
(i used 33% Microsoft ImageComposer 1.5 from FrontPage 2000 standalone)
then get something like irfanview32 (what i use) to look it over full size.
My monitor is 1280 x 1024.c.

Myk SilentShadow
03-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah Bro there is, I use Photoshop CS5 predominantly lol

chrsplmr
03-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Please allow me to make the first offering ... Crysis is more my kinda 'game' but this was too 'delicious' to pass on by ... it just wouldn't be polite. .c.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18593&d=1363903698

The 'Contest' will most likey have an Announcement and It's Own Thread when it begins.
This is NOT an Entry .. jus' a little ROG Artistic Inspiration. Best of Luck to All.c.

** The above is Asus/Blizzard Fan Art. All CopyRighted material is the sole property of their
respective owners. Member @chrsplmr is solely reponsible for the content. **

DaemonCantor
03-23-2013, 05:46 PM
So MarshallR@Asus, when are you planning on starting this thing? Also I have an incentive gift for all of the Artist out there that need a leg up like MYK...:p
Here's a .zip containing 2 .psd's of two different ROG Logos plus a cleaned up 3 Part ROG Logo and an ASUS logo. They are made by me over the coarse of 2 years, use them as you see fit because I put them into Public Domain but please follow basic Courtesy and common Decency with them.

Here's the link to them: http://www.mediafire.com/?lmc453833b36cph

chrsplmr
03-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Nice one Dc.

*.psd's eh ??
Drat. Nice try though. hahhahaa
I'm not 'downgrading', hehe, to PhotoShop ever.
I'll stick with what little I know ..
Microsoft Image Composer 1.5, a FrontPage2000 standalone.
(It's part of the 'game' of it. ie .. my Metro will drive circles around ur Vette. i'm driv'n ... hahha)

Sorry to ask .. but can these be posted a .png's or .jpg's or something ??? thnx.c.

_
03-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm looking into the possibility of ROG T-Shirts before kick-off. Since we're sending out physical boxes as prizes we might as well chuck in some Ts as well. Sorry for the delay peeps.

EDIT: We've got T-shirts! :D (They might be a little delay though as they are ready ~6 weeks from now)

Prepping competition launch for April 1st.

DaemonCantor
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
T-SHIRTS! I'd love to have one to Frame and Mount on the Wall! but alas I'm not going to get one...So Here's to Drooling! Good luck all and Congratulations ahead of time to the Winners!

_
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM
I found out later they're actually polo shirts. With embroided ROG logos and stuff. High quality 'wares.

DaemonCantor
03-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Sounds like somebodies gonna get SWAG! Lucky Devils!

Thach
03-29-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks to DarmonCantor for pointing me to this thread. I really think I may take a stab at this whole thing. I won't have a lot of time on my hands after the 5th of April but I still have some ideas that I should be able to throw together. I saw mention of t-shirts, are these for sale outside of this competition and if so where? I would love to snag a couple.

najirion
03-29-2013, 07:32 AM
I have some ideas too.. might as well put my novice photoshop skills into practice :)

chrsplmr
03-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Thach--T's are seldom for sale. You may find some on the internet. Mostly not official.
These are usually reserved for promotions ect.
M has mentioned that these arent the usual stamp'm tshirts .. embroidered polo's .. yum ..
XXXL or XXXXL ???
When I got the one I have it was/is a small.
I think it was worn by an Asus model during the Lamborgini Promotion in NYC. hahhaha
[[ well, thats the way i tell it when i point it out hanging in my office ... hahahahhaha ]]]

najirion .. Worry not of being a novice at the software. The Art is in the idea, not
the execution. imho. I think you will be amazed with yourself.

najirion
03-29-2013, 08:31 PM
So... I just made one.. when does this event start? (Sorry! Got too excited LOL)
I was excited about the ROG shirts! >_<

Chino
03-30-2013, 03:28 AM
So... I just made one.. when does this event start? (Sorry! Got too excited LOL)
I was excited about the ROG shirts! >_<

April 1st. ;)

DaemonCantor
03-30-2013, 04:42 AM
And that's no Joke!!! Fool'd Ya!....:p

najirion
03-30-2013, 07:18 AM
April 1st. ;)

Awesome! :) This should be fun :D

neuropass
05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Did I miss the voting or something? http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31463-2013-ROG-Desktop-Wallpaper-Competition!-until-30th-April&p=257295#post257295, looks like they were cataloged up to page 9?

Thach
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
As far as I know, the voting has not started yet. If it has, I have not seen it either.

chrsplmr
05-09-2013, 09:54 PM
We saw a post from MarshallR .. about returning PM's after the 10th due to scheduling and travel
limits on his time. Also he got started on catalog reading his last post in that thread ..
So I would say we shall see it anytime .. the 10th is .. tomorrow .. ect...

There will be lots of time to vote and each time a member does it will bring it back to the
top of 'new posts' ..

Now .. There is a matter of the Video Contest [ http://rog.asus.com/event/win_with_rog/ ] .. it just started .. haven't seen any posts
in it yet .. looking forward to that as well. [ great page.btw.design skills cudos. ].c.