PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-TH72 keyboard issue

richcj10
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
When entering the OS sometimes the keyboard doesn't work and a reboot is required to fix it. This also happens to the mouse pad too. The wired thing is that it is verys in frequency of the issue. Also, the LED back light on the keyboard will not turn on. I have a feeling that there is a driver issue. I just wondered if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,

Rick

P.S. - The ROG logo doesn't show up where the W 8 logo would be at OS boot up after POST. weird.

UnAimed
03-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Hi,

The keyboard light remains off until windows has loaded and you have logged in. There are also keyboard shortcuts such as FN + F9 which will enable or disable the touchpad so next time it happens try pressing that combination on the keyboard to see if it will enable. Furthermore in the touchpad utility you may have enabled this feature which would disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in. I18034

I'm not quite sure what is causing your keyboard issues but if you have tried reinstalling the drivers you may want to update your BIOS. because it sounds like it is not driver related.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW

The file(s) can be found there

If all of this fails you could try and format your computer and reinstall Windows. Should that not solve your issues then you may want to get in contact with ASUS tech support and initiate a RMA.

Pitcher@asus
03-07-2013, 03:07 AM
please see the manual form asus support site, also you can call to asus service center to ask how to enable kb ligh.

richcj10
03-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the responses. I will update the BIOS and start there.
What is the safest way of updating it?

USB, CD, etc?

Thanks,

Rick

UnAimed
03-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. I will update the BIOS and start there.
What is the safest way of updating it?

USB, CD, etc?

Thanks,

Rick

Either CD or USB is fine, personally I would opt to go with USB.

richcj10
03-08-2013, 04:44 AM
I updated the BIOS and the keyboard light is now working.
The WiFi modem isn't turning on now. I am downloading updated drivers to see if that fixes the issue.
(Yes, air plain mode is off / light is on in the front)

Thanks,

Rick

richcj10
03-08-2013, 05:29 AM
updating the driver did not fix the issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick

richcj10
03-08-2013, 06:05 AM
I had the OS enable the card. it was off. The BT and LAN is off (not disabled) as well. I don't know what is causing this.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick

P.S. - The BIOS update fixed the ROG logo over W 8 issue.

cl-Albert
03-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Not sure if you are very familiar with Win8 (who is?) or if this is what you are referrring to, but did you check under the Win8 settings 'charm' / Change PC settings / Wireless as in the screenshot below for the bluetooth to make sure it is switched on?

UnAimed
03-09-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm glad the bios update fixed several of your problems. Now for the wifi, try going into device manager then to network adapters and uninstall your wireless network adapter, then try reinstalling the drivers. but try CL-Albert's fix before you try mine.

richcj10
03-11-2013, 05:05 PM
It must of been the problem. it is working (WiFi / BT).
I need to test the LAN but haven't had the opportunity.