PDA

View Full Version : Strange Sound (G75VW).

Widgetcraft
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Greetings, I recently purchased a G75VW-AH71, and I'm quite pleased with it. However, I've noticed a strange sound from within the laptop ever since getting it. I'm not sure that it is actually a problem, I figure that it's probably common, but I just want to confirm with others who own it. Every now and then there is a sort of... spinning down sound, around the area of the number pad. I figure it might be the HDD, but I'm not 100% positive. Is this normal?

The sound is hard to describe, as it is muffled by the case. The best way I can describe it is a dull spinning down sound. It's not very loud, but it's noticeable while I'm using it. I don't consider it to be a problem, I just want to make sure that it isn't defective.

dstrakele
03-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I believe your assumption that the sound arises from the HDD spinning down to conserve power is correct. Do you have a Hitachi, Seagate, or Western Digital HDD? The Hitachi's are reported to be a little noisier than the others.

You might consider running an HDD diagnostic utility such as HDTune, or the manufacturer's proprietary diagnostic utility, to satisfy yourself that the drive is healthy.

Widgetcraft
03-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Just checked: It's a Hitachi. That probably explains it then, thanks!

Pitcher@asus
03-08-2013, 01:55 AM
it is hdd limitation for vander?