PDA

View Full Version : How to put out cmos battery on G73JH??

JungheeHan
07-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Guys.. Please Help me...T_T
I have bricked my g73jh during bios update..
it goes well until finish bios update..
but after finish that , power gone out..
and I can't turn it on anymore..
even I can't see any blue light..
It's completly dead......
So I search on google... and found something that
I can fix through reset cmos by put out cmos battery..
So i'm about to begin unassembly it..
Please save me.....

irdmoose
07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Sounds like you had a bad flash, and resetting the CMOS probably won't fix it. I believe the procedure to reset the CMOS is to unplug the system battery and the power adapter, and press the power button 5-10 times, then reconnect everything.

It looks like the CMOS battery is buried inside the unit, and you'll have to disassemble most of the computer and remove the motherboard to get access to it (unless there's an easier way that I'm not seeing). There's a great how-to video done by BTOTech here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp90M_N6dzs). That should walk you through the teardown for any G73 model laptop (including the SW's). Be careful though. If your laptop is under warranty, I would send it in since Asus covers bad BIOS flashes under their warranty.

I'd be willing to bet money that pulling the CMOS battery and resetting the CMOS won't fix your problem in this case, but it's your call. HTH.

DoctorTed
08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Thank you, irdmoose! I was looking all over for the location of the CMOS battery. Your solution for a reset worked great!

Pitcher@asus
08-27-2013, 06:44 AM
i hope you send to asus service center to reflash bios.