PDA

View Full Version : Site update: Where have all my vB menus gone? :O

_
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
You may have noticed the top bar looks a lot cleaner now. We've removed unused vB functions and condensed them into a neater menu in the top right under "Settings and Functions".

We are in the process of discussing moving other functions into this area, possibly the front page second menu for downloads and world records. More updates soon!

Myk SilentShadow
03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up mate!! I was starting to think I was going crazy :p

Maybe, just a suggestion...put up a popup to click through to here, making sure everyone sees this post and knows what's going on. Food for thought :)

Zka17
03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it took some time until a realized what's different... before my morning coffee I just knew that something is changed...

It's looking good! :cool:

chrsplmr
03-08-2013, 01:32 PM
I finally clicked into Site Feedback to Post a Thread : "Hey, Where have the Menus Gone ???" and
really got confused when I saw that MarshallR was asking the same question !!!
Yikes !!! If MarshallR doesn't know .. what the heck is going on up in here ???

So I clicked it. ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Thanks M. I do have a question that needs
no answer really. ummm .. Why ? hahhhaa
It adds a click to my habit of clicking New Posts ... just say'n.
(..my habit .. haha .. selfish selfish .. thinking of myself first ..)

Thank you for the continued efforts .. but on this one .. et.
It's right up there with flash'n a bios on a smoothly runn'n rig.imho. c.

Granger
03-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Great minds think alike chrsplmr lol, came here for the same reason :cool:

chrsplmr
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM
After a day of clicking it and thinking about it .. I have to be honest. This one imho is not an improvement.
I wonder about the New Members .. guess its just a matter of get'n usta.c.

_
03-10-2013, 03:57 AM
The old layout was a mess though so I'm not inclined to move it all back. Which functions are most demanded:

Mark All Posts Read

?

A few can be OK, but I'd still like space to drop in Downloads and World Records.

Myk SilentShadow
03-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Honestly, please put back the new posts link...it's a pain going to the menu to refresh to see what's new all the time lol :p

Zygomorphic
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
new posts. When I am trolling for spammers (new posts), that is so easy to use to find them.

_
03-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Any more calls for other functions moved back?

Zygomorphic
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Any more calls for other functions moved back?

The ones you have added are the key. The new posts button is so important to me. Thank you.

_
03-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Everyone big thank you to SR for speeding that update :D

Myk SilentShadow
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks SR!!!...whoever you are lol

Zka17
03-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Thank you all of those who are working on/helping to continuously improve the Forum's site!!!

I was wondering if the "Settings & Functions" tab has to go together with the "New posts" and "Mark Forums Read"? I think, "Settings & Functions" would be better, at least more logic to me, in the upper right portion... then also would be more space in that bottom row, after the "New posts" and "Mark Forums Read"...

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM
We All want the same thing .. The best that This can be.
We count on, and find that we can, that you will make it so 'Number One'.
Thankyou as always.
SR .. and the other invisibles, to you as well.c.