PDA

View Full Version : G74sx FingerPad Driver

fparamo1979
03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

I just need to know is there a driver that actually works for the fingerpad. Everytime I turn on my laptop I get fingerpad driver
error message. There are also times where the typing has a delay. Basically I type fast but the computer doesn't keep up and just types really slow in response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scarletvw
03-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Try the section that says Older G Series laptops and Older G Series laptop Important and Usefull Threads.

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 02:23 AM
i think you are add the fingerpad to g74 laptop? what is your OS? could you download driver from vander?

Zygomorphic
03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Try the section that says Older G Series laptops and Older G Series laptop Important and Usefull Threads.

Moved thread there. Uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall the latest one from the ASUS support site.

fparamo1979
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I tried to uninstall and then reinstall from the asus but still no good. I have also tried to install windows 8 and it seems that is even worse.
I tried to contact support but they do not respond. I have never spent so much money on a laptop that had so many problems.

alex.galie
03-11-2013, 07:43 PM
I tried to uninstall and then reinstall from the asus but still no good. I have also tried to install windows 8 and it seems that is even worse.
I tried to contact support but they do not respond. I have never spent so much money on a laptop that had so many problems.

You should try an Alienware heh :) Double the money, double the problems

indianacarnie
03-13-2013, 03:44 AM
I just disabled mine in the bios and use nothing but mice. Not a perfect solution but it works for me. I had a lot of problems with it when I first got mine and after trying everything I could think of just disabled it. No more problems and I NEVER use the fingerpad anyway so no lose. I love my machine and have had no other problems whatsoever with it.