PDA

View Full Version : Does all Asus g75 have audio problem?

johnnydwicked
03-10-2013, 06:24 AM
I was wondering if ALL the Asus g75 have audio problems such as subwoofer playing while the headphone is still connected? I always use the headphones and I don't want the external subwoofer or speakers to play while connected to the headphone jack.

The one I plan on getting if there isn't any audio problem is the ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW-AS71 one.

Is it on all of the g75 series or just on few?

Matrix Leader
03-10-2013, 07:15 AM
the problem was in the old drivers not in the G75VW

with the latest drivers the problem is fixed

adde9400
03-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I use headphones with no problems, no sound from the laptop.

tkolarik
03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
The problem is not fixed, there are some work-arounds that make it better! The issue persists with headphones also. The only way to avoid it is use a usb headset or speakers. If you like audio like me avoid this unit!!!!!

I assumed it was a driver issue and would be resolved in a few weeks when I purchased it in August last year, but the audio still doesn't work right in Windows 8.

Avoid the G75VW! At least buy it at a place like Best Buy that will give you 30 days to sway without a restocking fee!

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 03:20 AM
please install new audio driver, it would be be fixed.

mcvc69
03-11-2013, 04:24 AM
I've compared G73's audio with G75VX, G75VX's audio quality blows, sounds so off , while G73 is so much better and acceptable, G75VX's sound quality is just awful , I dont know if its driver's problem or bad quality of speakers/sub woofer ...... I am on latest driver from Asus official website already, anyone have suggestions or any ways to fix it ?

johnnydwicked
03-11-2013, 07:37 AM
So I should totally avoid the G75 and wait for any better specs and fixes from g76?

johnnydwicked
03-11-2013, 07:38 AM
And so far, have you experienced any problems with it even the slightest?

nItHz
03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
for me, its working fine from the day 1..

PCAnyWhere
03-11-2013, 03:22 PM
There are two unrelated audio issues from my understanding of the history on this.
1. There WAS a problem when using headphones that audio would continue to play out of the speakers - this has been resolved by a driver update
2. There IS a problem with the sound quality as the "sub-woofer" continues to act as a centre-channel and since the "sub" sits to the left side of the computer it makes the sound very much uneven. But at the same time the "sub" drowns out the smaller speakers on the top of the laptop. This has been in existence since day 1 and so far no resolution has been found.

So ... if you are into using headphones all of the time - no problem. If you plan on listening to music out of the speakers then you might get irritated by the quality. There have been tweaks and settings; but really they only help a little and are not a resolution.

mcvc69
03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
^ what he said about number 2.
G75VX here, has that problem, bad bad bad! :mad:

dont have number 1's problem tho...

johnnydwicked
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
But using headphones is fine right?

mcvc69
03-11-2013, 09:37 PM
yes its much better with headphone....

chrsplmr
03-11-2013, 10:35 PM
So I should totally avoid the G75 and wait for any better specs and fixes from g76?
oboy !!! how did you come to this conclusion ??

If ROG released the war machine to end all war machines ..The all new G76, costing $5000, weighing in @ 25lbs.
... perfection in every way .. there would be 'someone' that ..... would .. ummmm ... gripe.

@ the current price point, keeping in mind it is enthusiast grade, some tweaking required, it beats EveryThing out there.imho.c.

Fateless
03-15-2013, 09:59 PM
please install new audio driver, it would be be fixed.

Negative. I just recently bought a G75VW-DS71 with Win7 (64bit) which had the problem. I downloaded (today) the latest drivers (Version V6.0.01.10600) listed on the ASUS support site and rebooted my computer. The issue persists.

Fateless
03-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Since my original post is being held until a moderator can release it, please add the following edit to my original post when released:

Fixed it. The new drivers do fix the problem, but not without additional steps (at least on my part). After installing the new drivers and rebooting the laptop, you may find (as I did) that while before you could hear sound from your headphones and your laptop, after upgrading the drivers you'll get no sound from your headphones whatsoever. Only the laptop speakers produce sound even though it is recognizing that headphones are connected. I fixed it by doing the following:

1) I disabled the new audio drivers
2) rebooted the laptop
3) re-enabled the drivers
4) issue solved!

I hope by sharing this, some might also fix their headphones/speaker sound problems.