PDA

View Full Version : ASUS g74sx lagging on every process

Mavis
03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
my asus g74 is lagging almost at everything, even browsing lags, my processor's temp idles at 58C while gpu stays at 58C when not doing anything, it wasn't lagging yesterday any chance of thermal paste need to be re-applied?

warmunkey
03-10-2013, 03:10 PM
have you restarted the laptop? my g72 did it until i fixed cooling issues, but it would act fine after i rebooted it. possibly would need to reapply paste, i did and am running 10c cooler and no overheating issues as sounds what yours is doing also.

if you need a disassembly guide here is one i found from the youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9reQvIxQvGQ

best of luck!

code9523
03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
my asus g74 is lagging almost at everything, even browsing lags, my processor's temp idles at 58C while gpu stays at 58C when not doing anything, it wasn't lagging yesterday any chance of thermal paste need to be re-applied?

I think you need to clean a radiator of dust an repast a processor and video chip. But if its started sudennly may be there is a problem with one of the coollers you should check out!

dstrakele
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Sounds like you may have a busy process exercising the CPU at 100% CPU Utilization. Check Task Manager to see if you can identify it by its high CPU utilization. Sort that field to bring the busiest processes to the top. I suspect it may be some Security software process.

Otherwise, you might check if your drives are running low on free disk space (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28269-frequent-crashing-of-my-g74sx-has-recently-started-happening...&p=219995&viewfull=1#post219995). You should have a minimum of 25% free space, particularly on C:. Consider deleting your Browser's cache files

Mavis
03-11-2013, 03:26 AM
I think you need to clean a radiator of dust an repast a processor and video chip. But if its started sudennly may be there is a problem with one of the coollers you should check out!
any specific tool i need to clean the dust?

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 09:28 AM
i think you use compressed air to clean cooling system.

indianacarnie
03-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Yes a can of compressed air will do it. Make sure you stick a zip tie or something slim like that into the fan blades to keep them from spinning too fast as that could hurt it.

Mavis
03-14-2013, 04:50 AM
i just brought my laptop to asus service center on monday and then got a call from them yesterday, they say i need to change the motherboard because its not stable anymore. any comments on this?

dstrakele
03-14-2013, 05:25 AM
The tech that made the call to replace the motherboard had physical access to your laptop, so it is difficult to second guess about it. I suspect they did an ASUS Factory Recovery, still experienced problems aftwards that they felt could not be resolved by replacing other components.

Personally, I would've done some more troubleshooting before sending it in...

indianacarnie
03-14-2013, 09:24 PM
I agree 100% with dstrakele. A little more troubleshooting first BUT....... seeing how you've already given the machine to them, its hard to second guess them as he said.