PDA

View Full Version : Recover win8 on harddrive?

adde9400
03-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Hello, i have an Asus g75vw, and when i got it i installed a ssd into it and installed win 7 ultimate on it and removed win 8 from the standard harddrive i did formate it, but i keeped the recovery partitions.. but i made all the partitions come together, or only the two big partitions. so now it only shows up as one big harddrive instead of 2 small.

Well now i wanna know how do i recover win 8 on the harddrive that came with the computer? As i said i formated it, but still got the recovery partitions on it. I have already tryed and press some buttons when i start windows but then i just get into some win 8 recovery thing but it only wants me to put in an USB to install from or a CD to install from or a backup that i have made.

But i dont have a CD or a USB nor a backup recovery disc, so is it possible to just install win 8 directly from the harddrive? I mean isnt that what recovery partitions is there for?

So how do i do these without using any CD or USB ?

I just want win8 on the mechanical drive again like it was when i got the computer.

All help appreciated.

I dont have 100% correct grammar in English, just saying so you know.

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 03:28 AM
press F9 when BIOS post, if it is can not use, i think you partition is broke.

ToRo1979
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Try this utility:

https://mega.co.nz/#!Q0xlhYKA!OP5lfz4z7reSSBrK8MWO8l-pBhx05l4f3LbpG6tnyHI