PDA

View Full Version : cannot come out of hiberation without rebooting

gswartz
03-10-2013, 10:50 PM
Recently my laptop has been going into hibernation mode after a while of having it closed. It didn't used to do this and I'm not sure why it does now. When I open it I have to hit the power button which brings up the screen "Resuming Windows". I then get a message that it can't resume from hibernation and asking me if I want to delete the hibernation data and reboot. That's the only way I can get back into windows. So, I have two questions.

1. Any idea why it started going into hibernation mode after closing it?
2. How do I fix it so it can resume from hibernation?

Thanks!

dstrakele
03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time when the power profile worked as configured. If it resolves the problem, pay close attention to what updates are installed.

If that fails, try resetting the power profile back to default settings and reconfigure it not to hibernate with the lid closed.

gswartz
03-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Thank you. Won't a restore wipe out all of my programs and data? I'd rather not go that route for obvious reasons. I did a little more checking in the power options and found where I can change the hibernation setting. I changed it from 300 minutes to 1440 (24 hours). I'll always open the lid in under 24 hours so hopefully that takes care of it.

dstrakele
03-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore and arm yourself with knowledge. You may find Windows System Restore to be a useful troubleshooting tool in your future. One of its biggest advantages is that it doesn't delete personal files and can be easily UNDONE if it falls to give you the results you desire.

You also have the option to configure the Lid Closing Action to "Do Nothing" if you don't want it to initiate Sleep or Hibernation.

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 03:39 AM
i think it is OS problem, save your data and restore OS try again.