PDA

View Full Version : Unable to boot windows all of a sudden

ROGaddict
03-11-2013, 08:34 AM
In the middle of trial and errors with my other error, and now I am stuck in the never ending loop of system recovery, I cannot get out of it! I have even tried to do a system restore but still get stuck in system recovery. Please is anyone able to help?
(Posted from my loyal iPhone)

Pitcher@asus
03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
can you press F9 to restore again.

Apexing
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
only fix I know is to do make a bootable usb with windows7/8 on it, and then force it as first bootdevice. will allow you to do a clean install, which will fix the issue.
sadly this will also mena you have to reinstall stuff. if you need to back up stuff remove the hdd and hook it up to a desktop or similar.

sectionate
03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
If you can get to a command prompt at all try this -> bootrec /fixboot - bootrec /fixmbr
here is a different way
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html

ROGaddict
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
If you can get to a command prompt at all try this -> bootrec /fixboot - bootrec /fixmbr
here is a different way
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html
Okay I do have access to command prompt but it still fails to start my computer, also I do not have a windows disk with me would I have to buy one?

Apexing
03-11-2013, 08:34 PM
or you could get one off of the net.

ROGaddict
03-11-2013, 10:04 PM
or you could get one off of the net.
How would I do that when I can't boot windows and my family all has apple computers?

Myk SilentShadow
03-11-2013, 10:33 PM
How would I do that when I can't boot windows and my family all has apple computers?

First off, you smack them all up the back of the head for owning crApple products and second...how are you posting here? smartphone? laptop?

ROGaddict
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
First off, you smack them all up the back of the head for owning crApple products and second...how are you posting here? smartphone? laptop?
iPhone 5 :) I went to the dark side
Anyway back to the point, I'm doing experimenting and switched my SSD with my HDD, just to see what would happen and it brings me to windows memory diagnostic tool

Edit: and holy **** I'm in my computer!!!!!!!
Edit 2: okay only problem now is Internet wont turn on
Edit 3: okay i restored it to a coupe days ago and everything is fine!!! YAYAYYAYA