PDA

View Full Version : G73JH-A1 "Dead" Keyboard Keys

blsmbkr
07-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Guys good morning,
I am posting here because it is my last resort in trying to solve my issue before putting some money into it.
I bought my G73JH in October during my trip to Toronto (i'm from Brazil). It was flowers and champagne until last month, when my keyboard problems started appearing. Some of the keys are aparently dead, i got them out to see if the small piece was stuck or something, but the key stroke is just as equal as the other ones, the issue is that I have to like, keep the key pressed for a second or something in order to make the comp "read" the info. it's been a hell to type ever since. I installed the KB fix and my BIOS and vBIOS is already updated, so I'm recurring to you guys for further guidance. I can't send it to the warranty, because, besides the warranty is GLOBAL, my third-world country is aside from the warranty coverage.
I really appreciate for your time and apologize for any mispelled word.

xeromist
07-20-2011, 08:14 PM
So you took the keys off? Did you clean underneath them with a cotton swab? The only other thing I can think of would be removing the keyboard and reconnecting the ribbon cable. Sometimes those get loose.

blsmbkr
07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Do you think it would solve my problem? even though there are only a few keys presenting this issue

Chastity@ASUS
07-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Sure, a bad contact can cause the keys to not register properly, or at all.

blsmbkr
07-20-2011, 11:42 PM
is there any safe way to remove the keyboard without risking to lose it? i saw many youtube videos about disasembling the G73, i'm "KINDA" comfortable with hardware maintenance, i could do it myself, but only if there is a safe way to remove it without damaging the keyboard itself, because i heard that sometimes the sticker that is put under it can damage the KB when removing it (GOD IT'S BEEN A PAIN TO TYPE, sorry for the brief explanations and short sentences)

Chastity@ASUS
07-21-2011, 02:24 AM
I just pop it open, and use my fingertip strength to crawl the tape off the kb

xeromist
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
There should be a couple of thin notches at the top of the KB where you can stick a flat tool to pop that edge. Once you have it started it shouldn't be hard to finish.