PDA

View Full Version : Asus G74sx Ethernet not working..

Xoul
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello,

so my Asus G74sx Wired connection isn't working, my wireless is working however (Being two different pieces of hardware)

so yes, when I plug my cable in (And yes, I tested more then one) Both do work in my PS3 so, it's not the cable

I tried downloading the driver, from the ASUS site (Older one) and the newest from the Realtek site, Removing the drivers as they should installing them as administrator.

I also tried crying and holding my breath until it started working, which didn't work.

Don't get me wrong my Wireless works, but I can't really play any games or anything....

so

yeah

Help would be immensly appriciated

dstrakele
03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Did you try connecting to different ethernet ports on your router or connecting directly to the modem?

Xoul
03-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Well, since they both work on my PS3, I didn't deemed it unnecessary

I did it anyway, and it changed nothing

stil doesn't see the cable

dstrakele
03-16-2013, 02:13 AM
1) Check if the Ethernet Adapter is locked in the BIOS. Not sure if it's even possible, but it's worth a check. While you're in the BIOS, choose to "Load Optimized Defaults", then Save & Exit. I've seen some unusual issues resolved by doing this.

2) Confrirm the Ethernet Adapter device is not disabled in Device Manager. Does it indicate it's functioning properly? Is it configured in the "Power Management" tab of Properties to "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power"?

3) You can disable some devices in Power4Gear (like the DVD Player). Don't know if you can disable the Ethernet Adapter there, but it may be worth a look.

4) Do you see any Errors or Warnings referencing the Ethernet Adapter or it's driver failing to start in the Windows System Event Log?

5) If you boot to a Linux "LiveCD" distribution, does the Ethernet cable connection get detected and function properly?

6) What version of Windows are you currently running? Just want to see if it's a Windows 8 issue.

7) If none of these suggestions help, you'll have to try crying and holding your breath longer...

Xoul
03-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Hmm...

While checkng for the thing in the device manager I did the windows diagnostic tool thingy, and it found an issue regarding the drivers... it said there was "An issue found" thats it. I reďnstalled it like 4 times, different versions different ways so I don't know about that.

I tried looking in the Bios, neither of those 2 options are in there

and I reinstalled a clean windows 7 without the power4gear crap, and made my own power plant
there isn't an option for my wired connection, only for wireless

and I haven't the slightest clue how to try this with Linux o.o

Anywho thanks for your help

I might be missing something :S

dstrakele
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
It sounds like you have a driver problem. You may need to uninstall your current Ethernet driver, reboot, and maybe even use Driver Sweeper in Windows Safe Mode to remove Ethernet driver remnants that are causing the problem. Then reinstall the Realtek Ethernet driver from Windows Safe Mode so other running drivers (such as Antivirus) which may potentially interfere with the Ethernet driver installation, are disabled.

Xoul
03-17-2013, 03:05 PM
YES

it worked!

Heres what I did, step for step, might you stumble upon this thread with the same issue
I Uninstalled the driver through the control panel, Realtek Ethernet controller, Next thing I rebooted my PC, checked the Device manager (It was still there) and uninstalled it trough there, then I restarted in safe mode, installed the driver, rebooted..
aand it worked!

All credit goes to dstrakele, thanks for the help man, :D