PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Fan Max needs to be off.

TokoDude
03-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Hello

I have a problem. I think my FAN is working very hard the whole time.
How can i turn this off so it doesn't work the whole time hard.

First i had a Tempature of 78 while gaming now i have 69.
even when i'm not gaming its stille working hard

Dude

TokoDude
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
:P I'm the only one who has this problem?

Apexing
03-16-2013, 09:56 PM
use the search function.
already been answere many times.
You cant turn it of, you cant lower it. its bios controlled. deal with it

dstrakele
03-16-2013, 11:51 PM
The G75 fans should idle at -2000-2200 RPM. Is that what HWINFO64 indicates? If so, perhaps your fan is noisy, leading you to believe it is working hard. Does it sound less noisy if you tilt the laptop on its side?

Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19253-G75VW-T1042V-right-fan-goes-mad&p=238334&viewfull=1#post238334. Do your fans sound like the recordings in that post? If so, the fan is likely defective or the blades are contacting some loose debris that worked its way into the fan.

The Hitachi HDD's in some ASUS laptops are also somewhat noisier than other brands. Some users report a humming sound as these HDD's spin up. Do you have one in your laptop?

TokoDude
03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Thnx man

but i havn't anny problems with strange sounds only a normal fan noise.
it's working now on a high rpm (i cant see wheren i can see how hard its working i tryed using Speed fan but cant find the sensor)

But isn't it bad to let your fan working al time hard?

dstrakele
03-17-2013, 01:39 PM
It's not bad if the fans run at maximum all the time, just noisier than it has to be. You want to use HWINFO64 and enable the EC Sensor to see both your CPU and GPU fan speeds.

If you can confirm your fan speeds are abnormally high, you should swap laptops with @nir0 (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30483-another-BIOS-question-... ). He wishes his fan speeds would be faster than normal....

bignazpwns
03-17-2013, 01:45 PM
I could unlock your bios to allow you the ability to adjust at what point the fans kick in and how high. However they are temp set and if your temps are that high lowing the fan speed will just cause issues down the road.

Pitcher@asus
03-18-2013, 03:45 AM
asus do not suggest you unlock bios, it viod warranty.

ben02
03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
I could unlock your bios to allow you the ability to adjust at what point the fans kick in and how high. However they are temp set and if your temps are that high lowing the fan speed will just cause issues down the road.

just for the sake of playing with fire...how DO you unlock bios?
:cool::cool::cool:

bignazpwns
03-18-2013, 03:40 PM
just for the sake of playing with fire...how DO you unlock bios?
:cool::cool::cool:

Simple easy to use programs. Google guide can be found here for ya http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/707826-asus-zenbook-bios-firmware-modding-thread.html#post9074076

Location for the fan control is Advanced/Thermal Configuration. Fallow that guide it will give you the set points "@" at what temps the fans engage and at what RPM. WATCH YOUR TEMPS!!!!! If you set the fans to low you can risk data loss, system damage etc. And as always mod your bios at your own risk. The guide is right on the money and will work for you but you need to do everything like it says.

This will void your warranty however if you flash the system back to the original bios then they will never knew. Im not saying lie but im saying it is based off the honor system on something like this. But if you do mess it up and they are able to pull the bios and see it was modded they can void it.

My advice is not to attempt this unless you fully know and understand what you are doing. The only reason im posting this is so you just dont shoot blind on this one you have the knowledge to do it right.