PDA

View Full Version : g75vx 3d

foley123
03-17-2013, 08:55 AM
does anyone know if the g75vx ready to play 3d games or do you have to buy a separate monitor.

rewben
03-17-2013, 10:46 AM
@foley123, there are 3d and non-3d versions of g75vx. the ones with 3d are ready to play 3d games. the non-3d versions require an external monitor.

bignazpwns
03-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Also do a little research about 3D before you get it. I got a 3D setup on my laptop and on my desktop and only used it a hand full of times. People say it gives them headaches and its not really the 3D that you expect. Stuff does not really pop out of the screen so much as just adds some depth like you are looking into a window. Some stuff does pop out but for the most part its like your health bars and ui's and what not are on the lcd and everything else is behind it.

Also keep in mind that running 3D your FPS will be cut in 1/2 or even more. So don't expect to play every game maxed out in 3D at 1920X1080.

Pitcher@asus
03-18-2013, 05:43 AM
when you get 3D version, you can go to NVIDIA check to manager 3D, if you have 3D version, that mean you can play 3D game on your loptop, if you have not 3D version, you will play with external monitor.

bignazpwns
03-18-2013, 06:38 AM
when you get 3D version, you can go to NVIDIA check to manager 3D, if you have 3D version, that mean you can play 3D game on your loptop, if you have not 3D version, you will play with external monitor.

Again only 1/2 the story and if you go by what he says any any display will do 3D if its external. So let me clear some things up before people go buy stuff and find out they either need more or it dont work.

The 3D version will come with the Nvidia 3D kit as well as a 120hz display why the non 3D version do not come with the 3D kit and only have a 60hz display. The 3D versions can play 3D on the laptop display for any game that supports it.

If you do not have a 3D version you will need the fallowing to get #d to work.

-Nvidia 3D vision kit. Glasses and Emitter.

-120hz display that supports 3D vision. Some 120hz displays will not work. and the displays HDMI must support it. I baleave its 1.4a i dont know off hand but i did have a older Acer 3D display that had HDMI 1.3 and it could not do 3D over HDMI only dual link DVI. Since the G75's do not support Dual link DVI you will need a display with hdmi 1.4 and or a display port with a display port to mini display port cable or adapter.

Reason you will need the emitter for the non 3D version is because on the 3D version it is built in next to the webcam. This syncs the glasses to the display. The one from the 3D vision kit is powered by USB. Keep in mind 3D WILL NOT work on all 3D displays and some may not work at all due to hdmi limitations of the unit even if they are 3D Vision certified like the old Acer i had. Also not that 3D plasmas will not work.

Sum it up.

3D versions will work with nothing else needed for 3D gaming and what not. If it comes with the glasses you are good to go.

Non 3D version will require you buy a 3D Vision kit "Glasses, emitter" and a display that supports 3D Vision and is 120hz with at least HDMI 1.4a. Check this out because some 3D displays that say they work with 3D vision will only over dual link DVI and the HDMI they have does not support 3D.

Also the Sont 3D PS# display is a 120hz 3D display and you can get it to work with 3D Vision with no glasses or emitter just use what comes with the display but that requires a driver mod and last time i checked into this it was limited to only something like 30fps on a pc. They might of fixed it or looked into it but chances are if you dont have a 3D G75 you may cross that Sony display and consider it so im just posting the info for ya ahead of time.