PDA

View Full Version : G55VW Laptop BSOD 3rd Rma - Question about replacements

Ben615
03-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Hi all, new to the forums but after reading through it I've found many horror stories about Asus RMA. So to make it short,
my laptop is still under warranty but ever since the purchase date has been bluescreening under 3 particular conditions. The laptop is on batter powery, its wi-fi and bluetooth are off and sometimes occurs when i exit sleep mode. When these three conditions are met, a bluescreen is inevitable.

I'm located in Toronto, Canda.

First Rma, went to a drop-off center, described the issue, and before I went i called tech support and did a reformat. Told the tech guy that the issue still persisted and he said to go to a service center. Dropped it off at the service center, and practically the unit was reformated again by the service centers technician. So practically that was a useless Rma.

2nd Rma, got the laptop back last week. Apparently two of my RAM (12g ram laptop) got replaced. Issue still persists but with an additional problem of the laptop now hanging when it enters sleep mode

Laptop is going for its 3rd RMA tomorrow.

Question - if I receive my laptop back after this third rma and it still has issues, who do I contact in regards to getting a laptop replacement. The laptop is defective, going through this whole process during exams and papers was extremely frustrating, and still being under warranty, I am going to make sure that I receive the product i paid for.

If anyone has any info on where to start, who to contact, and what to do, or even better alternatives that aren't too costly for a Canadian please feel free to respond here, thank you.

Pitcher@asus
03-18-2013, 06:55 AM
it is very bad news, you are able to find our service center from website (http://www.asus.com/support/Contact-ASUS/).
aslo you can write mail or find locate TSD tell them your experience.

Ben615
03-18-2013, 06:40 PM
There are two service centers here in Canada. The one i'm shipping my laptop out to fix and one that is a walk in repair centre. I've gone to the walk-in once, and it will be twice now i've shipped my laptop to the ship only centre. Do you think I can go to the walk in and argue my case?

dstrakele
03-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I think you should troubleshoot your BSOD to determine if it is a hardware or software-related problem. The first step is to load up BlueScreenView from Nirsoft and report:

1) Bugcheck code
2) Bugcheck string
3) 4 parameters
4) filenames that may have caused the BSOD

for each BSOD that is reported by BlueScreenView.

3rd party applications need to be Windows "Power-Aware" to respond properly and promptly to Sleep initiation and Resume from Sleep (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms703398(v=vs.85).aspx). It is possible you may have an application installed on your laptop that is not behaving properly, resulting in the lockups and BSOD's you report are associated with the Sleep function.

Ben615
03-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Once i get it back I'll post here if it blue screens again.

Ben615
03-20-2013, 01:23 AM
In regards to what you said dstrakele, the laptop has locked up even shortly after a full reformat. No 3rd party applications. Anyways, I'll test it extensively once i receive the laptop back this week and then post each BSOD. I got a computer tech in my university who will also take a look at it once I recieve it back and the issue is still recurring.

dstrakele
03-20-2013, 01:44 AM
ASUS Bloatware applications are 3rd party. There's also no guarantee the BSOD's are not strictly a Microsoft bug. But it can also be a hardware issue. That's why it's important to troubleshoot further.

Ben615
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Just had a bluescreen after 3 weeks of getting my unit back from its last RMA.

1)DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
2)0x000000d1
3)fffff880`0a8e50d4
00000000`00000002
00000000`00000008
fffff880`0a8e50d4
4) ntoskrnl.exe (driver that caused the crash)
ntoskrnl.exe+75c00 (address that caused the crash)

Dunno what to do

dstrakele
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
What were you doing on the computer from startup until the time the BSOD occurred? What was the last thing you did prior to the BSOD?

Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?4628-G53SW-XN1-Help-Thread&p=35517&viewfull=1#post237173.

Ben615
04-22-2013, 03:56 AM
To save you the trouble of a detailed explanation, its a failing bluetooth controller. Its constantly unloading the drivers creating a leak causing power instability resulting in a bluescreen. Can send it in for an rma but what exactly would i tell them?