PDA

View Full Version : G75 VW Low 3dmark scores and fps

peterdub
03-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi everybody,
I recently purchased a G75 VW (specs below) and i have a problem with the Gpu. I have very low scores in 3dmark and on any game i tried. First of all i' ve done a clean install of Win7 and installed all the latest drivers from asus website. Then i installed Need for Speed Most Wanted but to my surprise the game had very poor fps 5-7 on high settings and 11-13 on low. So i unistalled the asus vga driver and installed the latest from nvidia. The performance went up by a couple fps but still no good (7-9 on high settings, 13-15 on low). I did 3dmark 11 and 3dmark vantage test which showed P419 and P1519 respectively. At first i thought i made some mistake on installing the drivers so i formated again, clean installation of win7 and this time i installed only the nvidia driver 314.07 but with no luck, 3dmark 11 gave me a P420 score and 3dmark vantage P1520. I 've seen others score much higher with this laptop and i was wondering if this is a problem with my gpu or something else i missed. I also was running gpu-z during the 3dmark tests and when testing the game which showed that although the load and the clocks of gpu where maxing out the temperature stayed at 41o C which is odd compared to 37o C when is idle.
Can anyone help?

G75 Vw Specs
Cpu i7 3630QM @2.4 Ghz
Gpu Gtx670m 3Gb
Ram 16 Gb
Hdd 750 Gb

Games Tested

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012
High Settings 7-9 fps, Low Settings 13-15 fps

Battlefield 3
High Settings 7-9 fps, Low Settings 15-17 fps

Hitman Absolution
High Settings 7-9, Low Settings 13-17 fps

Dead Space 3
High Settings 9-11 fps, Low Settings 22-27 fps

L.A. Noire
High Settings 9-13, Low Settings 17-23 fps

PS Excuse my english and sorry for the long post

ZeroBarrier
03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Is your laptop unpluged from the wall outlet when gaming/benchmarking?

Are you using the Power4Gear High Performance Power Plan in Windows Power Options?

Vicodin
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
It does sound like his power cord is unplugged...

Pitcher@asus
03-19-2013, 03:34 AM
please always plug adapter to use G serious laptop, because use battery just half persormation by G serious design.

peterdub
03-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Is your laptop unpluged from the wall outlet when gaming/benchmarking?

Are you using the Power4Gear High Performance Power Plan in Windows Power Options?

Hi,
The laptop is always pluged and i am using high performance power plan from windows not from power4Gear . I tested it with power4gear also but didn't make any difference. Thanks for the responses.

peterdub
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
*bump

Anyone got an idea?

Dreamonic
03-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Hmmm.... I'd like to say something looks defective here but I can't crown to that too soon, even though right out of the box this is happening to you.

It's possible your power brick isn't working right, not providing enough juice, similarly to what running on just a battery would indicate in GPU performance.. yours is doing the same thing while plugged in. To verify this, just unplug the power to your G and run a game. Take note on the FPS and GPU Loads at the same location. Then plug the power in and repeat the same thing and record the FPS, GPU Loads.

If they are within 5-10% of each other, I'd shoot for replacing your AC adapter, but really in your case since you just purchased this..

..return your system back to the store you bought it from and get another, avoid RMA if you can.

Also under device manager, are there any errors or is everything nested in the list?

TokoDude
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Just run a performence test in your windows and it wil rate what's making your pc so slow and then you see what's the problem

peterdub
03-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Actually you were right! I tested it with the battery and managed to score double fps and on high settings. Never thought it was my power adapter cause it gives enough power to the laptop to turn on and charges the battery but apparently it doesn't have enough power for games. I 'm calling Asus for a replacement of the adapter, thanks for the help.