PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G73SW 3D - How to Activate Nvidia 3D Vision?

g73sw-danny
07-22-2011, 03:09 PM
hey guys, i have problems with my 3d vision glasses. i can't get it started.

if i click the "splendid-button" to enable 3d - nothing happend. so i thought i need to install something.

i clicked start - all progs - nvidia corp. - 3d vision - enable 3d vision

then the 3d vision set up starts and it says on the bottom "3d vision driver and graphic-card driver are already installed on my system"

i can choose between "3d vision" and "3d vision discover"

i choose 3d vision and click next.

the setup want me to install the IR-emitter - but i only have the glasses and a usb cable - no IR emitter.

i read and i know that the ASUS g73sw 3d has a IR emitter next to its webcam - but why does this 3d vision set up doesn't recognize that?! i can't click on next - and i click on exit. and that's it.

what do i have to do to get this working?

Chastity@ASUS
07-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Grab 275.50 Beta from my download page, and do a clean install. It has an updated 3D Vision application.

g73sw-danny
07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
still not working with new drivers.

guess it's something wrong with the built-in IR emitter.

Chastity@ASUS
07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
see your PM I sent you

fuzon
07-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I bought the Asus G73SW Full HD 120Hz 3D yesterday, and felt myself that it was not easy getting 3D vision started.
It's a built in IR transmitter, up with the webcam (to the left) there is an LED lamp that should turn on when the 3D-vision is activated.

What I did for it to work was only to update both the videocard and 3D driver. After Installation right click on the screen, select nvidia control panel and select the stereoscopic 3D -> configure stereoscopic 3D and enable. When it is enabled a installation program starts, and just follow the steps :)

But i have experienced that the backlit for the keyboard doesn't work..... and also a light under the screen (blue light) =/ Do you have such problem also ?

g73sw-danny
07-27-2011, 06:02 PM
i also don't have any blue light right under the screen (like in the pictures). keyboard backlit works. 3d doesn't work. i updated all drivers but nothing changed. i'm gonna send my g73sw to asus in the next days.

edit: there are NO more blue LED bars under the g73sw screen. (google)

danzstillalive
09-10-2011, 04:16 PM
i have same problem about my g53sw 3d. how to fix it?

fuzon1337
09-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi, I sent my computer (G73SW 3DE) in to fix to ANOVO Norway 3 weeks ago, but sadly they went out of buisness the day after they got my computer in. After some time working around my case (when they said the computer where finished and didn't returned to me), I found out that the computer recently were sent to a another pc support, and hopefully they are going to fix it :)

But back to my problems, the backlit to the keyboard didn't work and as your saying g73sw-danny: there are NO more blue LED bars under the G73sw screen. I called Asus hotline support, and to quote what they have written down on the paper (on internet): Backlit on keyboard is defect. Neon light under display is defect. So I think there still is light under the screen ;)

Btw, g73sw-danny did you send your computer in to asus to fix your problem, or did you fix your problem by your self?

(danzstillalive)
My 3D worked fine after installing first the updates from Asus live update, and after that installing the new software from nvidia. After that I right clicked on the screen, select nvidia control panel -> select the stereoscopic 3D -> configure stereoscopic 3D and enable. When it is enabled a installation program starts, and just follow the instructions :)