PDA

View Full Version : G75VX Best Buy reviewer. Is he lying or what?

colpolite
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
What's great about it: The speed, price, features, touch pad, graphics card, Screen and size, design

What's not so great: processor is 2.4 ghz should be at least 3ghz but other than that its all good.

This is a great laptop for anybody, it is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny it cost, this can handle any game on high settings, black ops 2 runs great with little lag. the touch pad feels great, palm rest is nice and comfortable, the sound is great and the speakers are loud plus it has a sub woofer on the bottom of the laptop, battery life for me is about 4-6 hours when on high performed and playing games, 6-7 hours if your just surfing the web, the only problem was the speed of the processor that why I gave it a 4 on value for the price if it was 3.0 GHz then I would be pleased, BOTTOM LINE THIS LAPTOP IS AMAZING!!!

Evil Toast
03-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it's more of a case of idiocy or a typo.

bignazpwns
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Just look at the what he said.

4-6 hours of battery life on high power playing games. Ask anyone who "OWNS'' Any laptop with a deacent gpu if they game on the battery. Because unless i down clock my GTX 670m to about 500mhz gaming on the battery i go from 70-2 fps every few sec. Hell i don't even get that much battery life not gaming on the G75. Using the pc normally i get about 4 hours MAX! A Bit off from his 6-7 hour ultrabook battery life claims.

I'll give you solid advice. Don't even read the best buy reviews or even 90% of the new egg reviews. Use known sites that do reviews.

Shawnnepc
03-19-2013, 07:46 PM
What's great about it: The speed, price, features, touch pad, graphics card, Screen and size, design

What's not so great: processor is 2.4 ghz should be at least 3ghz but other than that its all good.

This is a great laptop for anybody, it is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny it cost, this can handle any game on high settings, black ops 2 runs great with little lag. the touch pad feels great, palm rest is nice and comfortable, the sound is great and the speakers are loud plus it has a sub woofer on the bottom of the laptop, battery life for me is about 4-6 hours when on high performed and playing games, 6-7 hours if your just surfing the web, the only problem was the speed of the processor that why I gave it a 4 on value for the price if it was 3.0 GHz then I would be pleased, BOTTOM LINE THIS LAPTOP IS AMAZING!!!

I'm pretty sure it's more of a case of idiocy or a typo.

Yep..

That review is woefully incorrect in regards to the battery life

willy
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Not to mention he expects the clock speed of the i7 3940xm in there.

Zygomorphic
03-19-2013, 09:05 PM
@bignazpwns, +rep for the comment about user reviews! I have learned that from experience. Most people who review don't know a thing of what they are talking about...like the 5-egg tech knowledge users who can't solve a simple software problem...I look at review sites to determine (notebookcheck.net is probably the best).

HulkSmash
03-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Just go to notebookcheck, or guru3d, sites on that category, where the chances of having a kid or a guy who doesn't know crap about computers are a lot slimmer (if any chance at all :P)....Or ask around here, we might have a couple of fanboys hehe, but you'll get some honest reviews.

bignazpwns
03-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Just go to notebookcheck, or guru3d, sites on that category, where the chances of having a kid or a guy who doesn't know crap about computers are a lot slimmer (if any chance at all :P)....Or ask around here, we might have a couple of fanboys hehe, but you'll get some honest reviews.

Fanboys here? Never.

Also my G75VX is 10X faster then my Sager with a 6 core xe i7 and 2 gtx 680m's. The G75 wins hands down...lol

But seriously at least when i game on the G75 it dont melt the polar caps like my NP9570.

Shawnnepc
03-20-2013, 04:30 AM
I don't know.. I tend to find the reviews from sites like Amazon and Newegg really valuable. I think most of us can tell if a reviewer is full of crap.

mcvc69
03-20-2013, 07:26 AM
I have G75VX, either his standard is pretty low or he is full of crap, black op2 runs fine but starcraft 2, dota 2, diablo 3 doesnt runs fine on high setting, it lags/stutters when theres alot of things happen on the screen, you can turn off vertical sync from each game's setting to run perfectly smooth but then you will see screen tearings, i've been adviced turning vertical sync to "Adaptive" in Nvidia Control Panel to make games smooth, yes it does run smooth with that but still can see screen tearings, battery part, he is incorrect as well, does not last that long :P

Here are my posts last week:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30542-G75VX-Gaming-Performance-Issue(Stuttering)&highlight=g75vx+stutters

Kawazu from first page also feels the same issue.

Tomislav
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't know.. I tend to find the reviews from sites like Amazon and Newegg really valuable. I think most of us can tell if a reviewer is full of crap.

Yeah, I just skip the stupid ones, like "I bought an SSD,and it so much faster than my old 5400 HDD" No shiz Sherlock!
as for the review about battery life, this is plain stupid, though I'm pretty happy with G75vx battery life- watching video's, and surfing gets me to 3-3 and a half hours. If it had Optimus tech. I'm guessing this could easily go up an hour or so (+ my GPU is OC-ed)