PDA

View Full Version : HDD Question

Jetcraftmor
03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
I have a Seagate Momentus 500GB 7200 RPM SATA drive in my Asus-XT1. Lately it has been giving me problems and I have tried everything to fix it. Im on my last option before I go out and buy a new hdd. I want to format my drive with Seatools Dos. I booted up Seatools Dos and its not picking up my hdd. How do I fix this? OR i there another way to completely format my drive?

Pitcher@asus
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM
i think you try SPFDISK tool to format HDD, you also are able to buy other HDD to test is it HDD or laptop proble,.

Jetcraftmor
03-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Hdd problem

indianacarnie
03-24-2013, 03:41 PM
I'd forget Seagate entirely if I was you. Of the HDD's I've owned Seagate's have a higher rate of failure by far. And I mean BY FAR. I would suggest anything but another one of those. Actually, I would go ahead and invest in a SSD. The prices are pretty much comparable these days and the increase in performance will more than make up for whatever small price difference you'll see.

dstrakele
03-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I booted up Seatools Dos and its not picking up my hdd. How do I fix this?

This is typically the point where you say some kind words about the HDD, then bury it in the backyard... unless it's still under Warranty. If so, you RMA it. You can try a data recovery utility like TestDisk to recover important files from the defective HDD.

indianacarnie
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I agree completely with dstraklel . But I'm not so chairitable I guess, I'd be cussing as loud as I could while burying it! :rolleyes: Also..... not to be beating a dead horse ....I strongly urge you to consider a SSD for replacement drive. You won't be sorry.