PDA

View Full Version : G75VW CPU and MOBO idling at high temperatures, and RAM appearing as 798MHz in Speccy

Aerthorn
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
I've been having issues with the computer idling at significantly hotter temperatures than normal (upwards of 60 when in High Performance mode), and issues where Speccy says that the RAM is only 798MHz instead of 1300MHz (not seeing a noticable drop in performance, though). Anyone else having this issue or have a fix? I've tried cleaning my fan filters and doing a few other things, but none have helped the temperatures.

Apexing
03-20-2013, 10:29 AM
please! use the search function! temp questions have been asked A LOT.
Just yesterday someone made a topic about idling at high temp.
And please think! dont you think we need more information befor we can help you ?
How long have it idled, what is the ambiant temp, what surface is it on, what program do you monitor temp with, what is your full load temp.
idle tmep means ****, if load temp dont get extreamly hot.
What program did you use to identify your ram speed, and your ram speed is accurate its dual channel RAM. so multiply it by 2 (google could have told you that too)

scarletvw
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
please! use the search function! temp questions have been asked A LOT.
Just yesterday someone made a topic about idling at high temp.
And please think! dont you think we need more information befor we can help you ?
How long have it idled, what is the ambiant temp, what surface is it on, what program do you monitor temp with, what is your full load temp.
idle tmep means ****, if load temp dont get extreamly hot.
What program did you use to identify your ram speed, and your ram speed is accurate its dual channel RAM. so multiply it by 2 (google could have told you that too)

True story...

Also If you're going to idle in high performance that means your CPU is not being allowed to downclock so the idle would be correct. CPU's downclock to allow for lower CPU power usage and lower temps. Its sorta like a car, when you're driving a car do you keep the pedal all the way to the floor even when you stop? So why make your CPU run pedal to the metal all the time?

Aerthorn
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM

My Load Temps are high as well. Apologies about the RAM question, I don't consider myself a memory expert, so clarification is helpful. For reference, the load temps in "battery saving" mode were at about 60.

bignazpwns
03-20-2013, 02:39 PM

My Load Temps are high as well. Apologies about the RAM question, I don't consider myself a memory expert, so clarification is helpful. For reference, the load temps in "battery saving" mode were at about 60.

My god that's a high vid. My was only 1.0450

Apexing
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Ill try my laptop once i get home, see what tmeps i idle at and what voltage is feed trough it.
And Ive just thought, maybe in your powerplan the cpu have been set to not downclock the speed, you could go and check :)

Aerthorn
03-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Ill try my laptop once i get home, see what tmeps i idle at and what voltage is feed trough it.
And Ive just thought, maybe in your powerplan the cpu have been set to not downclock the speed, you could go and check :)

Again excuse my incompetence, would this be in the Power 4 Gear menu? If so, I've got it set for the minimum clock speed on battery to be 5% with the High Performance mode.

bignazpwns
03-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Still it is a little warm i mean with the multi locked to turbo it should hit those temps with a meh paste job. But then again your vid is pretty high. It will be lower but the vid is the default voltage of the cpu. And the voltage increase makes more heat then a clock change. I mean Your vid is much higher then mine so im going to say the temps are ok but a repaste will help but dont expect t0 get much lower. I mean for a 1.165v vid they dont look to bad but that is the highest vid i seen.

Also note the vid will be lower unless you run something like prime and get all those cores to 100%. But you got yours to 100% so you got a really high vid.

scarletvw
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM

60 under load is a good temp.

***EDIT***

You must mean 80 under load, still thats not a terible temp.