03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
hi guys,

let me clarify a little more, i just bought this G75vx

win 8
16gb ram 1600mhz
750gb hdd
nvidia 670mx
DVD multirecorder.

BUT there is one problem. the touchpad does not operate normally. it seldom detects my finger correctly, most of the time does not register input, and when it does register input it sort of gets stuck on a "two finger" gesture when i'm definitely only having one point of contact on my touchpad, edge gestures do not work at all, two finger gestures rarely work, and the palm tracking is horrible.

now just so we are clear, i had a previous laptop and my multi-gesturing on my part is fine.

the driver for the touch pad is synaptics 16.2.11.7.

i've had my razer orochi installed, and no other input devices were installed, all updated drivers from asus site as of today.

any of you have ever had this problem? software/hardware? i feel like i got a defective piece :S
i honestly think i should send it for warranty. its only 10 days old too and i'm only getting round to the problem.

what do you guys think?

Pitcher@asus
03-21-2013, 05:21 AM
i think you should send back RMA, if you are suring your are correct use, correct setting and correct install driver.
please check mouse properties -> device setting -> settings

ShadyStan
03-21-2013, 07:01 AM
One thing I've been wondering about these touchpad drvers - can I install the generic driver from here http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers (which is a newer version) or do I have to use only the driver from Asus support site (but it is an older version).

shuckeru
03-22-2013, 04:50 AM
yea i checked... looks normal. when i have time i'll go send it down to the service centre.