PDA

View Full Version : Is it supposed to be like this? G75V

The Last Melody
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
Well, I recently bought a G75V and it is a bit wierd, I hear a humming sound ALL the time (unless I turn the machine 90 degrees or place it on a softer surface), I heard Hitachi drives are noisy, could it be the drive?

Also, it seems I can not save my energy settings, I can change them, I can restart the machine after changing them and still see it with the changes I did, but it ACTS as if I never did any changes...

And my screen resolution switches back to 640x480 every second or third restart :(

Are there any solutions to any of these?

Pitcher@asus
03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
1. please unplug your HDD and power on, have sound again, if no, please plug HDD and check screw lock is complete.
2. Please check your power 4 gear setting, because system will auto setect power 4 gear tool setting in everytime when you boot to OS.
3. you situation is strange, please check your display adapter in device manager, is show correct name when you occur 640X480 resolution.
alos you can install new vga driver and download from asus support site.

The Last Melody
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
1. Wont taking out the hard drive void the warranty?

2. I have set the power settings in both the Windows settings and 4 gear, same behavior

3. I can turn up the resolution just fine after it became 640x480 and the device name is the same, but this only seems to occur when I shutdown the computer with "shutdown /s /t 3600". COuld it be because of the /force wich is autoadded when using /t with value greater than 0?

ogre9000
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
1. Wont taking out the hard drive void the warranty?

No, it will not. You can open the bottom of the laptop to change drives, install memory, clean filters, etc with no impact on the warranty.

The Last Melody
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
No, it will not. You can open the bottom of the laptop to change drives, install memory, clean filters, etc with no impact on the warranty.

I tried to open the bottom, but well, I am gonna find the manual first as there must be some secondary lock other than that one screw.

Clintlgm
03-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Na they come out kind of hard the first time, If I remember right I uses my pocket knife with the screwdriver blade to pop it loose it is kind of scary when you haven't done before. There are some plastic inserts that hold it in with out he screw but it will come up. I don't remember anyone damaging their NB removing the door.

The Last Melody
03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Thanks ^_^