PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G75VX-RH71-CA - 8GB SSD and RAM Question

Akki
03-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Hi

Got it today, installed Samsung 128GB SSD, using stock one as data, so far i love it.

I got cpl of questions.

I read somewhere that this one has 8GB SSD, is this removable? - since there was only one HDD installed and 2nd try was empty?

RAM - There is only 1 stick of 12GB in it. Somebody mentioned that it has 2x6 -

SO pretty much just to confirm those couple of things.

Thanks in advance!

Akki
03-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Also- a noob question - i mostly play @ home, so is it safe to always keep it plugged in? IS it gonna damage the battery?

Tnx

Vicodin
03-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Hello,
So as far as the ram goes, you say you have 12 gb of ram. Well there are 4 ram slots in your laptop. 2 under the keyboard and 2 by the hard drive bays. There are 2x 4 gb ram sticks installed in the slots under the keyboard, and 1x 4 gb ram stick installed by the hard drives. So that is how you have 12 gb of ram.

Now about your SSD question, I don't believe your laptop had one. There are only two hard drive bays on your laptop. You said you installed a 128gb ssd and are using the stock for data. That is the only 2 hard drives you have.

Pitcher@asus
03-22-2013, 03:16 AM
1. is you SSD is shippmant orignal HDD? if yes, i suggest you do not delete 8G, it may be recovering partition.
2. G serious laptop battery for back power by design, we suggest always plug adapter to use, it is able to high performance.