PDA

View Full Version : Slow Wi-fi speeds on G75VX

Kicker6820
03-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I just picked up the G75VX from Best Buy the other day because i was in the market for a new laptop. Since getting it, I have suffered sporadic lag spikes and throttling internet speeds through wifi. I notice this a lot in league of legends and any downloads i do. i have run speed test multiple times and get anywhere from 3Mbps to 24Mbps, which is what i should be getting.

I have used a ethernet cable to connect to my modem and my speeds return to normal and i can play games lag free. i also tried my older alienware m17x and found the wifi to be lag free. This was also tested on my iMac as well.

I have uploaded to the latest drivers from the Asus website but that did not show any signs of improvement as well.

I am not very familiar with win 8 so there may be something in the OS that needs to be tweaked.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Pitcher@asus
03-22-2013, 04:17 AM
1. how is your wifi signal?
2. could you try to ping test your AP and outside website? is it lost packet?
3. change your wifi channel.

httuner
03-22-2013, 07:00 AM
While your still within the return period at best buy(around 15 days) go and exchange it for a different laptop_ Perhaps you have a faulty Wi-Fi card?

Kicker6820
03-22-2013, 11:17 AM
My signal is very strong. I'm sitting right beside the router basically or in the room right next to it. I don't know how to do the next items that were asked. I may take it back to best buy and get a fresh one. I personally think it is a faulty card

PudaVida
08-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone,
I have had my G75vx for 1 month now and I love the PC but the WIFI internet connection is worst I have ever seen. I have the BroadCom card and no matter what updates I apply, clear the DNS cache, switch off the 20% background service dedicated internet speed, the PC's WIFI is less than 1/2 the speed I can get with my phone or other PC's we own. Speedtest.net shows ping at over 200 ms when my Galaxy S4 pings at 60 ms.

I live in Costa Rica so I just can ship the PC to get repaired.

It not the Router, because I have the RT-AC66R with fully updated firmware and everything else that uses WIFI rocks out..

I just don't understand why this Windows 8 rocket ship of a Notebook cant at least hit 2/3 rd's of the speed we have in the pipe.

I'm not looking for magic pixy dust to sprinkle on this thing. There is no reason why this thing shouldn't make the grade.

Black eye for ASUS for this one... Any ideas would be well received. Thanks

ADDpillz
08-15-2013, 04:38 AM
same problem here, the broadcom card is BAD
Laptop is less than 2 weeks old,
Im sending it back tomorrow.

ADDpillz
08-15-2013, 05:34 AM
OK, Update:
I just read on this forum about a software tool called "Driver Genius". Paid $30 for it. Solved all my broadcom wifi problems.
Windows said all my drivers were up to date; But driver genius said I had 2 updates needed to the broadcom adapter.
after update, my wifi lad spike issues are gone.