PDA

View Full Version : Loud beeps Followed by Freeze/Lagg

Blade
07-23-2011, 06:31 PM
I've had this computer for a while and It oftens beeps loudly and freezes I've looked over many websites and still can't find a solid fix for this.. some say It's because of audio others say It's because It's overheating.. I just want to fix It asap and have It running smoothly.. It happend when I use ventrilo sometimes I use my ALT key for push to talk button, and also when I'm playing World of Warcraft. I can send pics of anything that's needed just please help me :) thanks.

Blade
07-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Also Looks like my Bios Is V 209 should I upgrade to the 213?

Chastity@ASUS
07-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I would update to 213 + ATK 1.0.00010 for starters. I would also mute your internal mic to see if the noises go away. If that's the case, maybe you can use some sort of headset or BT mic.

Blade
07-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Just Flashed Bios to 213... What's ATK 1.0.00010? I already use a external headset.

Blade
07-23-2011, 09:37 PM
How do I go about Installing the new ATK this is keyboard drivers right?? When I go to Install them It says I have to remove them from the controll panel.. so i went and removed the old drivers for the Keyboard and It's still not working.

Blade
07-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know this^?

Blade
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I would update to 213 + ATK 1.0.00010 for starters. I would also mute your internal mic to see if the noises go away. If that's the case, maybe you can use some sort of headset or BT mic.

Flashed Bios to 213 and Installed the ATK 1.0.00010 dirvers... Still doing the same thing beeping and freezing/lagging, I've seen some people mention It's a chinese language package?

Chastity@ASUS
07-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Ok, next step is to make sure the USB ports are properly updated. Do you have SP1 installed? If so, see this hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2529073

Then download the current Intel INF and update that. I suggest using "infinst_autol.exe -overall" command to force a full update. (You'll need to run it from a command prompt)

CastorTroy2009
08-12-2014, 05:55 PM
You were asking about ATK, that's the ACPI instructions for motherboard's power bios for resource power management. Maybe the Rogue boards require the ATK ACPI driver to operate correctly.

I don't have the ATK Driver installed atm on my ASUS Rogue Rampage II Gene.

I have a total system freeze up under cpu/ gpu load resulting in 5 random sounding beeps from the computer. It's in no particular order fast or slow just 5 crappy beeps to a total freeze up.

I'm running SLI 460s on a 1000W 84Amps x 12v dc = 1008W, i7 930 at 4.2ghz, heavy overclocked 900mhz video cards it could see 650W on the 460s. The 470s do about 850W i've seen with both at 851mhz in sli.

Anyway install the ATK driver and intel chipset driver for your chipset, mine is Intel X58. Keep an eye on the "motherboard" temps and "northbridge" temps. You may need to pull the board and pull both heatsinks and actually buy some new thermal interface material about 2.5mm thick across all the VREGS for the cpu and the northbridge. If you have the room they sell tower northbridge heatsinks that perform much better at cooling.

Asus should have designed all their boards with active cooling on high end boards using all copper and no alluminum. These boards need extra cooling because of there epic levels of performance.

Good Luck :D

This calculator helps http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Amp_to_Watt_Calculator.htm