PDA

View Full Version : G75VW doesn´t boot up

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Hello, I have the following problem with my G75:

when I press the button to turn on the laptop, this only turns on the LED indicators on and the number lock. The screen neither the keyboard or the others LEDs indicators do not light.

Can anyone help me please.....

rewben
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
hi @sonchi7, what did you do that led to this?

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
The computer was working fine at school yesterday in the morning... but when i arrived to home and i tried to boot it up, nothing... it only ligth those two the indicators... i dont know....

rewben
03-23-2013, 04:39 PM
to see if it's the display issue, you can try connect the laptop to an external monitor. by the way did you disable / remove the asus liveupdate?

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 04:47 PM
No i did not anything... The computer power on but i seems that nothing is power up... There is no sound on the fans or in the hard drive or in the DVD slot...

dstrakele
03-23-2013, 05:03 PM
It sounds like the infamous ASUS Live Update failed BIOS flash.

Read @jruschme's description of a successful Crisis BIOS Recovery in post #6 http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10273-G51JX-need-BIOS-recovery-instructions&p=70197&viewfull=1#post221949, then hold down CTRL+HOME and press the Power On button. Hopefully, the original BIOS file still exists in the root of C: on your laptop.

If not, you'll need to download the BIOS file from the ASUS website and extract it to a USB flash drive formatted to a single FAT32 partition. Rename the file to match your laptop model, then initiate a Crisis BIOS Recovery with the CTRL+HOME key combination.

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 05:08 PM
Nothig happening... Still only the power indicator light and number lock... Nothing else.

dstrakele
03-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Try the procedure multiple times. You've got nothing to lose. If you clean installed Windows, you've erased the original BIOS file on the HDD and will have to use the USB flash drive method.

If you continue to get no response, then you're SOL, as they say, and will need to return your laptop (if recently purchased) to your retailer for exchange/refund, or RMA your laptop to ASUS for repair.

EDIT: Though it sounds like your laptop is 'bricked', open the back and reseat the memory chips you can easily access. If the memory chip in slot 1 is not installed properly, the laptop will not boot. I'd like to make sure you eliminate that possibility.

rewben
03-23-2013, 05:33 PM
@sonchi7, please try out the method in that link posted by @dstrakele (i.e. creating different copies of your stock bios in the usb stick). really, that's the last hope before sending it in to the service center.

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 05:50 PM
If i open the back part of the laoptop, do i lose the garante??

dstrakele
03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
No - that is meant to be user accessible to allow memory and HDD upgrades.

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Are you completly sure??... Beacuse I ask the retail store if they can do something, i bougth it 3 months ago in a Tigger Dorect store in Arlington... Or if they don give me a solution (return or change) i will try the RMA and i don want that they say me that they can repair it becuase was opened...

sonchi7
03-23-2013, 06:15 PM
When you say home button you refer to the real home button or the Windows button???

dstrakele
03-23-2013, 06:40 PM
... i bougth it 3 months ago in a Tigger Dorect store in Arlington...

I thought Tigger Dorect was located in the Hundred Acre Wood. Isn't Christopher Robin the manager at that store?

I'm certain you can open the back and reseat the easily accessible memory chips without voiding the ASUS Warranty. If you feel uncomfortable about it, you don't have to do it.

When I say the HOME button, I mean the one with H-O-M-E on it.

rewben
03-24-2013, 12:39 AM
I thought Tigger Dorect was located in the Hundred Acre Wood. Isn't Christopher Robin the manager at that store?

I'm certain you can open the back and reseat the easily accessible memory chips without voiding the ASUS Warranty. If you feel uncomfortable about it, you don't have to do it.

When I say the HOME button, I mean the one with H-O-M-E on it.

@dstrakele, :D

@sonchi7, the ctrl+home combo means you press on the keyboard keys, left ctrl key and home key.

and no it will not void warranty if you open up the back cover; that area is user-serviceable (meaning we users are allowed to access that without voiding warranty)

tkolarik
03-24-2013, 04:17 AM
You did try to let it sit without the power cord and remove the battery!

dstrakele
03-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Good point, @tkolarik. Be sure to unplug and remove the laptop battery before you open the back panel, if you decide to reseat the memory chips.