PDA

View Full Version : Optimus?

willy
03-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I read on this site that the G75vx has Optimus and that is the reason for the lack of drivers from Nvidia. I have also read in a review on nbc. Com that it doesn't. Well which has is it?

gokica
03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
No Optimus on the VX.

bignazpwns
03-24-2013, 12:06 AM
I read on this site that the G75vx has Optimus and that is the reason for the lack of drivers from Nvidia. I have also read in a review on nbc. Com that it doesn't. Well which has is it?

Well this is the new thunderbolt. Asus has flat out lied to us and said it did have it. Even posted on these forums and said it did have it. Then in another topic they say it dont. Seems like they cant even get their facts straight. Everything is in place for it i think that the system is so screwed that its bugged and they just wont fix it.

I messed around with it a little. I can get the bios options, Get it working some what with displaying a GPU but the HD4000 drivers will never instal instead it uses generic microsoft drivers. Thats as far as progress i made it seems like something is really fubar with the systems and Asus just wont say anything about it.

Is everything in place for it? Yes
Does it work as of this posting? No
Could it be enabled with a bios update and software dl? Yes.

Since you really cant trust anything Asus says on these forums its really hard to say wither it will be enabled of it there is a hardware or software issues keeping it from working. If i do get it working i will upload everything needed but this has proven to be a complex issue. Perhaps they are waiting on some software lis. for something like lucid for the Vx's and when that all gets hammered out they will uploaded the needed stuff to enable it but who really knows. They say on the forums it does, then it don't. I don't even think they know whats going on with the systems.

I had a few request to look into this that's why i been working on it.But it seems like something is really wrong wither it be software or hardware it looks like a design flaw in the hardware. But i have got it to detect and install a generic ms driver but as of right now that's it its not working at all

willy
03-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah that's what I thought. The fact that the laptop doesn't have Optimus is no big deal to me, but the fact that an employee on these forums said yes the vx does have optimus and that is the reason you can't get nvidia drivers is bs.

Pitcher@asus
03-25-2013, 06:16 AM
G serious laptop have not this technical.