PDA

View Full Version : Need Intel Management Engine Interface - Direct Intel Download

Enigma
03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
I have a G75VW and I know it's available for DL on ASUS website. But I prefer to get most drivers directly from the component makers. Plus Intel usually have more recent versions. But when I search their site I can only find IMEI downloads for desktop boards. Obviously I need the one for notebooks (Win8 x64) but cant find it for the life of me. Surely I must have overlooked something obvious. Can someone post a direct link?

Thanks!

Matrix Leader
03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
I like having the latest drivers as well but MEI has 0 effect on performance so having the latest will yield u nothing but problems if any if you install the incorrect version not intended for your specific notebook model/chipset

Enigma
03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
I'm not worried about installing a wrong version, I always doublecheck all drivers before installing, to make sure that they're correct, and to see if newer versions are available. It seems strange that ASUS would have it, yet I can find it nowhere on the Intel Downloads Center. All the results I get are for desktop boards. I have tried searching with the chipset's name and the OS, as well as Googling with various query terms, but nothing. It doesn't make any sense that Intel wouldn't have it.

Thanks for any help!

Enigma
03-24-2013, 03:30 AM
I just downloaded the IMEI from ASUS, with no intention to install it, mainly to see what its' contents were. And when I run it it doesn't say Intel Management Engine Interface at all, instead it says Intel Management Engine Components! I was searching for the wrong thing all along and that never came up in any of the results, which explains why I couldn't find it. It looks like the one on the ASUS site is the one and only correct download in this case. I'm not even sure why/if it's needed, but better safe than sorry.