PDA

View Full Version : g46 fan cleaning question

jonshock
03-24-2013, 02:19 AM
I am now the proud owner of a g46 couldnt be happier with it. I am concerned on how i should go about cleaning the fans of dust. Is breaking down the laptop the only option?

JwPwns
03-25-2013, 03:48 AM
no, u can blow it with pressured air, just google how to clean laptop fans lol

Pitcher@asus
03-25-2013, 04:48 AM
i think disassembly to clear, it opwould be more clean, also you can search from here, so many people provide opinion.

Bubu91
07-24-2014, 10:40 AM
has anyone tried cleaning the fans with just pressured air? is disassembly a better option? can it easily be done?

rhk217
10-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello, I just finished re assembling my G46 after opening it.
I had used pressurised air once to clean the laptop (almost after a year of usage without any servicing). I am not sure how effect if was, but I could really see a lot of dust coming out of the ducts while I blew air into them. After about a month and a half afterwards, I had to open my laptop for another reason, and decided to clean the laptop interior as well. I used JwPns youtube videos as a guide, but they are a bit difficult to follow. Filling the gaps wiht intuition I managed to disassemble and assemble the laptop, but I would not recommend it to someone. It was a very cumbersome experience (my first time with a laptop) and I was lucky the damages were minimal. If planning to do so, make sure you handle every part softly as it is very delicate.

Also while I disassembled I noted there was not that much dust in the fans, hence, the pressurised air might have done the trick.