PDA

View Full Version : Asus g74sx lagging and buzzing

startrekmaniac
03-24-2013, 07:40 AM
I reinstalled windows on my Asus g74sx laptop a couple of days ago, while watching a youtube video or listening to music I get this werid buzzing sound and it lags and sometimes freezes! Is there any kind of fix?

Side note I just want all of you to know that I am very dissatisfied my product! I have had problems with this thing since almost day 1! Ive gone through 3 hard drives, had booting and freezing problems and now this! Im beyond frustrated with this thing, half of my time on this laptop has been trying to fix it! I spent alot of money on this! I expected a product that would last me a long time! Instead I purchased a picece of crap, that has not lived up to its exceptions. If I didnt know any better I would think that these are intentionally built this way so you can make so more money! This will probably be my one and only asus product that I will ever purchase!

indianacarnie
03-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Have you tried re-installing the audio drivers? I too had a few minor problems with my G74Sx but nothing like what you describe. Love mine though. If you've had that much trouble with it maybe you should talk to customer support as a replacement may be called for. If you're still under warranty that is.

Anyway, I would look to the drivers/chipset for your current problems. Try the Nvidia site.

dstrakele
03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
1) Does the buzzing occur in both speakers and headphones?

2) When you reinstalled Windows, was it a clean install or an ASUS Factory Recovery?

3) What WiFi card is installed in your G74SX?

4) What version WiFi driver are you currently running? Atheros WiFi driver versions prior to 9.2.1.432 had high DPC Latency and caused numerous issues on G74SX laptops.

startrekmaniac
03-25-2013, 12:06 AM
1) Does the buzzing occur in both speakers and headphones?

2) When you reinstalled Windows, was it a clean install or an ASUS Factory Recovery?

3) What WiFi card is installed in your G74SX?

4) What version WiFi driver are you currently running? Atheros WiFi driver versions prior to 9.2.1.432 had high DPC Latency and caused numerous issues on G74SX laptops.

1. I dont which speakers its coming out of!

2. It was a clean install, sidenote I have reinstalled windows probley 4 or 5 times this last week!

3. I dont know what my wifi card is.

4. I have the Intel Centrio (R) Wimax 6150, Intel Centrio (R) -N 6150, microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter 1 and 2, and Realtek PCIe GBE family controller.

dstrakele
03-25-2013, 12:39 AM
You have the Intel 6150 WiFi card, so the issue with the Atheros driver doesn't apply.

1) Do you hear buzzing in YouTube videos and music when wearing headphones? See http://www.google.com/search?q=headphones+pictures&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NZtPUamjK8Wo2gWRwYDgAg&ved=0CCsQsAQ.

2) Do you also hear buzzing through the laptop's built-in speakers?

3) Have you updated Adobe Flash Player since your last reinstall of Windows?

4) Is the buzzing music being streamed or played from a local file on your laptop?

5) In what episode did Scotty shout "I cannae change the laws of physics!"

startrekmaniac
03-25-2013, 02:25 AM
1. I dont use headphones, so I cant tell you!

2. It sounds like its coming from the speakers

3. I havent upgraded, but i have installed flash!

4. It's while im playing music on spotify, but I was getting so lag while watchine g a video from my hard drive

5. Its the Naked Time! Good episode!

Pitcher@asus
03-25-2013, 03:58 AM
what is yoru OS? is it occur in orignal OS?

startrekmaniac
03-25-2013, 04:26 AM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

dstrakele
03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
1) So it sounds like you're getting lag while streaming music and videos. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and report your download and upload speeds.

2) Click on your WiFi connection icon (5 bars) in your System Tray, then mouse over your WiFi connection in the resulting list. What is the reported a) Signal Strength, b) Security Type, and c) Radio Type?

3) What drink did Kirk and Balok share? Can you name the episode and who played Balok in it?

startrekmaniac
03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
1. Ping is 10ms, Download Speed 2.76 Mbps, Upload Speed 0.59 Mbps

2. Signal Strength is Excellent, Security Type WPA2-PSK, Radio Type 802.11n

3. The drink was Tranya, The Corbomite Maneuver, Balak was played by Clint Howard, Ron Howard's Brother!

Side note while I was checking my wifi, I saw it disconnect and than reconnect, it took a couple of seconds!

dstrakele
03-26-2013, 01:21 AM
1) If you right-click on your Intel 6150 Wireless Network Adapter in Device Manager and choose "Properties" from the popup menu, is there a "Power Management" tab where you can UNcheck the "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power" option? This has helped some users increase their WiFi speeds on G75/G55 laptops.

2) Your download speed seems a little slow for an excellent signal strength, N protocol connection. Who is your Internet Service Provider and what type of Internet Service do you receive from them? As an example, I get Cox Communications "Preferred" Internet service (25 Mbps download/5 Mbps upload). I'm hoping if you are able to boost your connection speeds, the lag in music/video streaming on your laptop will be eliminated.

3) Clint Howard was just a toddler when he played that part. I still remember the goofy laugh. I remember offering a beer to my friends, saying "Have some Tranya. I hope you relish it as much as I!", then making that goofy laugh...

startrekmaniac
03-26-2013, 04:54 AM
I have Comcast, and I think we get xfinty!

startrekmaniac
03-26-2013, 04:59 AM
I think it has something to do with my wifi, I went into power mangment like you told me, played a video on youtube and it lagged and buzzed. While it was doing that I noticed that my internet turned off for a couple of seconds than it reconnected!

dstrakele
03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
There are 5 Comcast XFinity Internet packages. The "Starter" package has download speeds "up to 6 Mbps". Is that the package you have?

Other than the Power Management configuration change I suggested previously, you could also try:

1) UNinstalling your current Intel 6150 WiFi driver, rebooting, and installing the latest Intel 6150 driver from the Intel website.

2) Changing channels on your Router to eliminate possible interference from cordless phones and neighbor's routers. Try channels 1 and 11, running a speed test to see if you've improved performance. Try the other channels if 1 or 11 fail to offer any improvement.

3) Plug the Ethernet cable from your modem directly into the Ethernet port on your laptop to bypass your router. Does this improve connection speeds and/or eliminate disconnections, and also resolve your streaming issues?

4) Though last in the list, rebooting modem, router, and computer is the FIRST thing you should do to troubleshoot network issues.

startrekmaniac
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Which wifi driver, the wimax 6150, wirless-n 6150, or wimax 6150 function driver?