PDA

View Full Version : [G53sw] A different kind of BLSoD.

WangLee
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
I had my laptop for over 2 years now, but since last year I have been getting BLSoDs which I fixed thanks to users from this forum.
However, recently the problem came back and continued to worsen to the point where my screen wouldn't start anymore, no matter what trick I used, I could never get the screen to start.

The main differences between this BLSoD and the others is:
1-The keyboard doesn't light up on boot only the power and the 3 buttons on the top left corner.
2- I don't get a chance to quickly shutdown my laptop by a single press of the power button before windows begins to boot (assuming that it is even booting).
3- My laptop usually freezes and gets BLSoD while gaming as it also did before the last "permanent" one happened.
4- I have tried everything I read in forums except thermal pasting, alas they were to no avail.

Also, I took my laptop to a repair shop and the guy told me he would have to replace the motherboard, hopefully it is nothing too serious.
Thanks in advance :)

dstrakele
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately, it sounds like you're experiencing the infamous "boot to black screen" issue (see http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11968-G73JH-Black-screen-(). It is typically a hardware issue that worsens with time (as you describe).

You could try discharging your laptop by unplugging, removing the battery and any peripheral devices (including any SD cards in the Card Reader), holding the Power On button for 10 seconds, then plunging in and attempt to start your laptop. However this is typically only a temporary workaround.

You may wish to consider selling the laptop for parts on eBay and putting the proceeds and money saved by NOT repairing the laptop into a new purchase.

Pitcher@asus
03-25-2013, 02:39 AM
if you already did reinstall OS, but the problem also happen, also you can change other HDD to try it, if same, you should be send to RMA to check it,