PDA

View Full Version : I need an easy to use scanner

Bills86e
03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Folks,

I need a portable scanner to compliment my G75. Suggestions?

1. Wireless
2. Black
3. 3.0 USB
4. Multifunction devise

Clintlgm
03-26-2013, 07:05 PM
I use my old Visioneer roadwarrior, is only usb 2.0 still works good on my G75 VW, They may have a USB 3.0 Version by now?

xeromist
03-26-2013, 07:40 PM
I know this isn't exactly what you asked but have you considered a digital camera? Depending on what you are trying to do that might work. My girlfriend's job is field based and she's found that even the camera on a smartphone is adequate for capturing documents.

Bills86e
03-27-2013, 12:29 AM
I was hopeing the "magic wand" Wi-Fi would do a better text and photo application. I may need to edit my bussiness card, but I never tought about the actual changeing around the text, or emboseing, or Bold text, let alone colors ect!

Clintlgm
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey I scan to either PDF, or Photoshop or SnagIt, or any other editing program you have handy and are familiar with, since your working with a notebook I assumed you wanted something with a small footprint. If your looking for a desktop model there a plenty of options out there I use an all in one printer on my desk at work. I think HP still sells a Mobil printer that a scanning print head can be put in to scan. I'm not familiar with Magic Wand, My experienced with stick type scanners is that they don't work very well take a lot of time. I'm partial to Visioneer portable scanners since I Beta tested for them in the beginning they had proprietary software. These later models will scan to any program you want to. I got a free one for the BETA testing and used it for years, then in 2009 I got the current one it is still working great problem free. I work remotely and am on the road quite often

Bills86e
03-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Thanks Clint
I went on my local CL and a guy had the visioneer for $150, 600 dpi, with a usb cable.
I went to eBay and got lucky on a black BrookStone Wi-Fi 900-600-300 dpi photo & document handheld portable scanner with USB, 32GB SD,
has an led screen for $50 + free shipping included, 3 year warranty. This may steal my heart! I'll post next week how well it works for me.
I got the Micro-SD in today's mail, hopefully I'll have the wand probly Saturday (tomorrow). A switch for PDF or Jpeg is on one side.
I have program called Corel Paint shop Pro X4 on my computer. Is this anything like your Photo Shop?

Clintlgm
03-30-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't have any experience with Corel, Adobe has been good to me for a lot of years. Corel used to be good too I just never got around to working with it. Most of my stuff is business paperwork so PDF is what I scan most of my stuff to. I edit pictures and drawing in Photoshop.

Well let us know how it all works out for you glad you found something

Bills86e
03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
The eBay seller sent me an inferior model, So now I have to go thru a bad sale, unless he makes good. He sent an i Convert, it is not the Wi-Fi auction item I won!

it is an inferior product.