PDA

View Full Version : Replacement audio jacks for G75vw TH72?

natospec
03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
The audio output jack on my TH72 basically disintegrated. the plastic parts of it pretty much fell to peices after my dog decided it was a fantastic idea to push my headphone cable down until it broke to end of the jack off, my problem is, my computer is still under warranty, but I really don't want to go without having it for any long amount of time. I can replace the jack myself (I specialize in audio circuitry repair. its my profession. thus voiding the warranty, not something I'm afraid to do at all.) I'm just having trouble finding the specific toslink compatible jack to replace it with. does anyone here know who supplies asus with these jacks? or if its even something as simple as a small switch craft surface mount 3.5mm jack with a hole in the back for the emitter? i haven't yet disassembled my laptop to look at it, if someone here knew the type and make of the jack it would be really helpful. thanks.

Pitcher@asus
03-27-2013, 02:47 AM
i suggest you send back to change, 1. you are still have warranty 2. just replace audio MB.

natospec
03-27-2013, 04:39 AM
i suggest you send back to change, 1. you are still have warranty 2. just replace audio MB.

really its just i cant be without it for any period of time due to how much i require its use at work. sending it out just isnt an option for me.