PDA

View Full Version : Your graphic settings for Bioshock infinite!!

trieuan10
03-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi guys!I'm just got this awesome game.But I can't keep the fps stable, Dropping from 60 to 30 very frequently.
My settings: everything ultra except shadow high, post processing (don't know what it is?) and ambient occlusion off
Running on my OC 660m. (1200/300)

HollowMan
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm running everything on ULTRA except Post Processing on NORMAL, Ambient Oclusion on HIGH and AA ON.

Ran the benchmark and had the average of 29.09FPS at 1920x1080. Overclocked it by 135mhz core and 1000mhz ram and i got 39.5FPS with the above settings. With absolutely everything on ULTRA and OC-ed i managed to score 29.33FPS and with a min FPS of 11.05

For the record this was achieved on a G75VX running Windows 8 and the 311.00 Drivers from ASUS.

Nakretyn
03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Hi guys;

Bioshock infinite is not playable on my G75vx. Frame rate is very bad. At first my graphic driver version was 314.22 but with this version i couldnt play. Game was freezing. After that i downgraded my driver version to Asus's officaly driver 311.00 but the results were same. Bad and not playable because of frame rate and mouse sensivity.

I tried to OC my graphic card with MSI AB but results again was same.

What should i do for better performance.

G75vx user please send your graphic settings to me for Bioshock Infinite.

Apexing
03-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Nakretyn.
It would help if you said what settings you were playing at, and what frame rates you are getting.

Nakretyn
03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
I tried lowest settings also but frame rates were not playable.

Slow-pC
03-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Running on pretty much high/ultra (minus AA) on my g75, GPU overclocked 100 core and 500 memory / 314.22

Running great 30+ fps at 1600x900 while streaming to twitch at the same time.

mrwolf
03-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Yea great game, running it on my G75vw OC'd, everything Ultra settings 1080p except for shadows on medium. Have also injected SMAA, Lumasharpen, Vibrance, Tonemapping and other goodies :) Looks absolutley awesome now and runs at 30+ fps.. without injectors 35+fps..

I highly highly reccomend you use sweetfx for this game, really sharpens the textures and also with the SMAA you dont need anti-aliasing..

Heres a really good link, there are a few tweaks and ofcorse sweetfx 1.4 + bioshock preset

http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/topic/80441-bioshock-infinite-tweaks-and-sweet-fx-stolen-from-steam-forums/

heres a nice link too on performance analysis - http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/bioshock-infinite-pc-performance-analysis/

trieuan10
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Guys! There is something wrong with the Lock frame rate ( vsync ) of this game. It automatically drop to 30fps when your fps's under 60. I did try to use the vsync of Nvidia control panel,too.
And good new, I've found the way to fix it by using another vsync software:

d3doverrider

Here is the link: http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/rivatuner.html
How to use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM1f87YOPA

Now my fps is solid from 50 to 60 fps, rarely drop to 40. :p And believe me, this game's may be the best one of this year, don't pass it.

mrwolf
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
I personally dont think you guys should use v-sync at all lol.. causes hiccups and adds input lag.. Best thing to do is disable in game v-sync and set Nvidia control panel to Adaptive vsync.. So it automatically disables it but turns it on when needed in game..

Kicker6820
03-30-2013, 11:25 PM
I had been getting 30 fps on high/ultra settings then i changed the vsync in nvidia to adaptive. running 55-60 fps. on a g75vx. no overclock on the gpu

I personally dont think you guys should use v-sync at all lol.. causes hiccups and adds input lag.. Best thing to do is disable in game v-sync and set Nvidia control panel to Adaptive vsync.. So it automatically disables it but turns it on when needed in game..

Tmjpwns
03-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Haven't gotten that far yet, my download speed on steam is crappier than ever.

HulkSmash
03-31-2013, 04:16 AM
Our machines are very powerful, and handle these games very well....the thing is it is still a laptop, so even if you average is 60 fps, sometimes it will drop lower than that maybe to 50 or 40. Vsync most of the times (if not all), when activated, caps your FPS to maintain it constant. If you are not capable of maintaing 60+ FPS at all times, Vsync will cut it down to 30...So best thing for most games is, turn it off, and activate adaptative Vsync on the Nvida control pannel. Like Mr. Wolf said "it automatically disables it but turns it on when needed in game", it is basically a "smart Vsync".

trieuan10
03-31-2013, 04:25 AM
I did try adaptive vsync of Nvidia and still get screen tearing, too. Doesn't every one notice that???

Nakretyn
03-31-2013, 08:46 AM
I did try adaptive vsync of Nvidia and still get screen tearing, too. Doesn't every one notice that???

I had some viruses on my laptop, at first i cleaned them and after updated my graphic driver. Everything seems ok for now but except that screen tearing issue. When i playing this game getting screen tearing issue.

trieuan10
03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
I had some viruses on my laptop, at first i cleaned them and after updated my graphic driver. Everything seems ok for now but except that screen tearing issue. When i playing this game getting screen tearing issue.
screen tearing issue is not caused by virus, but by using vsync option in game.

Nakretyn
03-31-2013, 09:29 AM
screen tearing issue is not caused by virus, but by using vsync option in game.

Yes yes i know, but when i had viruses game was not playable on my laptop. Now performance is stable and good. But when i go to home i will try vsync options.
Thanks for quick reply.

mrwolf
03-31-2013, 10:56 AM
Hmm, the screen tear will always be there a tiny bit if u are either getting under 30fps or if ur fps is going higher than refresh rate ie - with no adaptive v-sync..

Make sure u guys try out the injectors, sweetfx 1.4 works flawlessly with bioshock infinite.. Big visual quality boost :)

http://gsngaming.com/topic/9039-bioshock-infinite-sweetfx-v14/