PDA

View Full Version : Just bought G75VX-RH71-CA, love it but have a problem. Can someone help?

Red-Tide
03-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi All

I'm new here, I've had my G75 for about a week and I love it! Fast, powerful, games rock and its exactly what I was looking for.

I am having one annoying issue that I cant seem to figure out. Could be a Win 8 issue (bleh) as this is my first time with it but could also be something else.

Heres the issue. I play Guild Wars 2, alot... Since day one I have been having this issue of the game minimizing itself periodically. Of course this doesnt happen when standing around chatting in town, it happens in big battles or crucial missions. I have been watching closely to see if it is a notifier for something else that is running and causing the game to minimize but so far I have not seen anything like that. Its easy to tab back to the game but the 15 - 20 seconds for it to come back up are crucial (has resulted in deaths, failures etc...).

I know this is a minor thing but I bought this rig to game and this issue is very annoying. Can anyone offer me any insight? What other info would help diagnose this? Is this a Windows 8 annoyance?

Help, please!

Thanks

RT

Nivaku
03-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah it may be a windows 8 feature, I actually grown to like windows 8 thanks to start8. It lets me disable windows 8 gestures which may be the problem on why your game alt+tabs. It also gives you back the start button which makes windows 8 more manageable for me. You can use start8 as a free trail and see how you like it, personally I bought it since it only costs $5 (I spend a lot more on gas). There's also a free open source called classicshell, I don't know if there's an option to disable windows 8 gestures since I don't use it but you can try it out and tinker around with the options. Hope this helps bud

Red-Tide
03-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I will definetly try your suggestion. I find myself going for that start button constantly and accidently launching IE often. I think you may be on to something with the gestures, I will do some testing to see if the mouse hitting the corners is causing this. I will report back later today. Thanks again!

khai7
03-29-2013, 05:34 PM
i use power8 it have ability to suppress or off Metro feature or gesture.. is freeware(open source)
x
x
https://code.google.com/p/power8/

rrasus
03-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi, i 'll take this advicee and download this softwareI too for my new asus g75vx!
Red-Tide i would like to ask you a question, its not about with the topic but also just bought a asus g75vx and would like to ask you if your laptop also makes noise all the time when is turned on? a noise that it seems that the fan is always working!
Thank you!

Red-Tide
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
SO, I have figured out my issue. The cause at least. Turns out that if you rub your palm against the touch pad (even slightly), it automatically switches you out of game and puts me on next active window. I dont know why this happens. I wish there was an easy option to disable the track pad (is there one I dont know about?). I know I can do it via device manager but I only really want it disabled whilst gaming. I have seen that option on other high end laptops.

Any advice? I know its minor but it is becoming quite the annoyance for me.

help...

Red-Tide
03-30-2013, 02:54 PM
rrasus - my fan runs constantly as well. I just assumed this was a necessary evil of a good gaming notebook.

Start 8 is nice to BTW, thx for the suggestion nivaku.

khai7 - I will check that out as well.

Red-Tide
03-30-2013, 03:08 PM
/sigh

I feel dumb. I just assumed it was a generic driver for the touch pad, once i went looking and found the asus touch pad control panel I was able to solve my issue by disabling touchpad while mouse is detected. Next time I will dig deeper before posting.

Thanks all

Bran187
03-31-2013, 05:55 AM
My G55 is actually on its way to the shop so I cant tell you the exact key, but FN and one of the Fkeys is the hotkey to enable and disable the touchpad. There should be a picture on the keys that will help you figure out which one it is. :) But it sounds like you already found a solution.

Best wishes.