PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Pixel on an ASUS G75VW

kuudou
03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Just like title says, I got a stuck pixel on my laptop screen. Shows as a little red dot.

Sometimes it goes away, but recently up until now it's been around more often. Started appearing maybe a month ago.

What are my alternatives, other than buying another LCD screen from ebay and installing it myself? Is that even doable on the G75VW? I've replaced my LCD screen on the G73 when I had one of those since they were really easy to disassemble.

IGottaCookie
03-30-2013, 07:47 AM
I would try some type of program that fixes stuck pixels, or you could take a sharpie and gently tap on the stuck pixel to see if it fixes itself. I've tried both methods and they have worked for me so good luck :)

kuudou
03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Yeah I just rubbed the area for a bit and it went away.

I guess I'll just be doing that from now on. Thanks.

Sagi
03-30-2013, 10:52 PM
You're Lucky that worked for you.. I just bought a G75VX recently and the same day I got it, I discovered a green pixel ind the middle of the screen :/

Because of easter I haven't been able to return it yet.. BUT I WILL! :)

Sucks tho, with all the trubles sending it back and forwards... Tried all the tips and tricks there was, but nothing has been working so far.

kuudou
03-31-2013, 03:05 AM
Have you tried one of those programs the person above me suggested?

I know it sounds silly to use software to solve what is essentially a hardware problem. But apparently forcing the pixel to flash the three primary colors in quick succession has been known to fix it.

Sagi
03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Have you tried one of those programs the person above me suggested?

I know it sounds silly to use software to solve what is essentially a hardware problem. But apparently forcing the pixel to flash the three primary colors in quick succession has been known to fix it.

Like I said, I have tried everything :) So I will most likely ship it back after easter.