PDA

View Full Version : G75vw-bbk5 urgent request ! - Bricked bios - [SOLVED!]

Guido7142
04-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi guys, I am in the immediate need of a BIOS file (not the one that you can download form the Asus web) that is exactly 8MB. This file should be only for the G75VW-BBK5 ! No other version of the VW. It can be obtained by taking off the bios chip and with a programmer machine extract it from there. I am asking in case some of you has it for any reason or is willing to extract it for me.

Please Official Asus forum representatives, if you have this file I would extrmely thank you for passing it, I know manufacturers tend to hide it (cause it can help unbrick systems) but please, I can not RMA my system and this is the only chance I have, if not I would end up with a 5 Kg brick, real brick.

Other than that, thank you very much.

ZeroBarrier
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi guys, I am in the immediate need of a BIOS file (not the one that you can download form the Asus web) that is exactly 8MB. This file should be only for the G75VW-BBK5 ! No other version of the VW. It can be obtained by taking off the bios chip and with a programmer machine extract it from there. I am asking in case some of you has it for any reason or is willing to extract it for me.

Please Official Asus forum representatives, if you have this file I would extrmely thank you for passing it, I know manufacturers tend to hide it (cause it can help unbrick systems) but please, I can not RMA my system and this is the only chance I have, if not I would end up with a 5 Kg brick, real brick.

Other than that, thank you very much.

Every G75VW BIOS is exactly the same; be it BBK5 or not. The only differences between the BBK5 and other is HDD/SSD (size, speed, one or dual), RAM (amount pre-installed), Display (3D/non-3D), BD/DVD. That's pretty much it. Again, every single G75VW has the same, exact, identical BIOS.

Are you some sort of conspiracy nut? You know that manufacturers hide some master BIOS file that can un-brick and save countless systems just because they don't want little old you to have it?... Get real man.

I've un-bricked my G75 3 times now using the crtl+home crisis flash. It's so simple to do and works every time. If it's not working for you, then try to have an HDD (non-RAID) with the BIOS file (that you can already download from the ASUS support site, mind you) renamed to "G75VW.BIN" at the root of "C:\". I've noticed more success when I remove or add a RAM module before attempting crtl+home and powering it on (to force mainboard to re-read XMP from RAM and get a successful post into ezflash), so you might want to try that too.

Guido7142
04-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy nut, lol. I am just really worried that I can not unbrick my system and would have wasted
$1500... I have tried every single srategy to resurrect this but nothing.

To sum up, do you have it ?

ZeroBarrier
04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
RMA it then?...

Guido7142
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
I can not RMA... I bought it on the US and I live in South America... I can not send my notebook to US to RMA. That is exactly the reason why I am so desperate. I am aslo in warranty time but it is useless since it only applies in the US.

Pitcher@asus
04-08-2013, 05:49 AM
i think you can visit our support site to find serivce center in your ****ry.

httuner
04-08-2013, 07:04 AM
You can use any BIOS from anyone's G75VW as long as they are willing to make a backup of their bios to send to you_ I think the BBK5 part is just the different model on what it comes with from the factory. All the motherboards of all G75VW should be the same so I think you can use anyone's BIOS file as long as its from a G75VW.

How did you go about bricking it? BIOS update went bad? Anyways I'm not sure you can remove the BIOS chip off the motherboard because I believe its soldered on_ You can use software to extract and make a backup of the current BIOS (Or anyone that has the same machine whose willing to help you acquire the BIOS file) AFUWIN is a great program to do so_ you can make a backup right in windows =]

Guido7142
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I just went into BIOS settings, restaured some things to defauly and from there on bricked. I'm having some pople that can read and re write what is inside the bios chip, I don't know if they had to unsolder it or not but they can do that.

I searched for that AFUWIN but cpuld only find how to flash a bios and not how to backup it. How does it work ? Does it extract the 6MB bios file or the 8MB one ?

Guido7142
05-02-2013, 01:38 PM
FILE FOUND, PROBLEM SOLVED. SEE LINK:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?29307-Another-Briked-G75/page8