PDA

View Full Version : Green Pixels on screen - G75VW

bubblegunz
04-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi guys, I have a problem. I was inlove with my g75vw it worked amazing, until now. I just (minutes ago) realized it has these green pixels on the screen, I suppose dead pixels. It is just 4-5 months old as a laptop, I got it November last year and I'd hope it'll hold for longer before it ****s up... The small dots are many and concentrated arround the center of the screen. I cannot really see them from a meter away, but on a black surface they show. I really was looking forward to that laptop, and was very happy with it... and I hope the warranty covers that problem... however I hoped I wouldnt have to use it so soon... I mean its a high performance laptop after all... have any of you had the same problem, and is there a way to fix it, besides going to ASUS in my country? Any help will be appreciated.. thanx :)
- Bubblegunz

dstrakele
04-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?22736-What-do-I-do-with-1-or-2-black-pixel-on-a-complete-new-G75V. Dead pixels are black regardless of background color. Hopefully, the UDPixel utility will work for you.

You've exceeded the 30 day limitation of the ASUS Zero Bright Dot Warranty. I'm thinking the key may be how many is the "many" bright pixels you report. Posting a macro snapshot of the problem would be helpful.

Sagi
04-07-2013, 11:15 PM
I had my G75VX just 1 day and I discovered 1 green pixel that was stuck around the center of the screen.

I tried using all the various programs and tips, hoping it would go away.. Sadly it didn't!

So I sent it back - Now I'm just waiting for my refound, but already ordered a new one, seeing as they couldn't replace that one (ASUS apparently stopped making the G75X model, because of the new Haswell chip being out soon)

But it's diffently something you can return to the store you bought it at and get it fixed - Most likely they will just replace the screen.
But what you could try, was to get a refound instead and then buy the G75VX model :)

YOU WILL LOVE IT!