PDA

View Full Version : VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1600

Matrix Leader
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Download (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_VIA_Win7_8_64_VER60101600.zip)

Enjoy, just released from ASUS

please post your findings

MrBeer
04-09-2013, 02:56 AM
seems to work on win7 no problem so far.G55vw

Pitcher@asus
04-09-2013, 03:36 AM
i suggest you download by model.

Cyrax
04-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Download (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_VIA_Win7_8_64_VER60101600.zip)

Enjoy, just released from ASUS

please post your findings

Can ya confirm this working for g75vw cheers

Cyrax
04-09-2013, 04:01 AM
i downloaded and installed seems to work fine still no major difference from the last update. The sub woofer still has that slight crackle to it but it is a big difference from the original driver

WontonNoodle
04-09-2013, 07:02 AM
How does it compare to 1200? I'm actually finding 1200 to be pretty good and I don't want to mess it up with the off chance of updating the driver XD

Matrix Leader
04-09-2013, 09:16 AM
How does it compare to 1200? I'm actually finding 1200 to be pretty good and I don't want to mess it up with the off chance of updating the driver XD

Im finding this to sound much much better with clearer and louder Sound

Sunrise2000
04-09-2013, 09:55 AM
looking from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&os=30 the latest release from asus was 2012-11-16, version: 6.0.10.1200, size is 145.89mb. From there did you found this version? From driver-station.net? Size of this version is only 77.2mb, so its strange and suspicious.

Matrix Leader
04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
looking from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&p=3&os=30 the latest release from asus was 2012-11-16, version: 6.0.10.1200, size is 145.89mb. From there did you found this version? From driver-station.net? Size of this version is only 77.2mb, so its strange and suspicious.

I suggest you put on your glasses and look well

the driver download link is from ASUS!!!

I found them by searching the ASUS driver search site, can't get easier than that

http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

then type in Audio

and you will find them

Phrozen
04-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey all,

Forgive the n00b question, but if these are the latest VIA drivers, why is it that version 6.0.01.10600 (2012.08.13 update) is the latest driver set that is listed for the G55VW at http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G55VW. Not judging the authenticity of these drivers posted here at all, just slightly confused is all! Thanks!

xeromist
04-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey all,

Forgive the n00b question, but if these are the latest VIA drivers, why is it that version 6.0.01.10600 (2012.08.13 update) is the latest driver set that is listed for the G55VW at http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G55VW. Not judging the authenticity of these drivers posted here at all, just slightly confused is all! Thanks!

The drivers on the ASUS website are just the latest drivers that have actually been tested by ASUS. There are often newer drivers available direct from the component manufacturers' websites. This is especially the case as your laptop gets older. Most of the bugs and performance improvements will have been worked out and there will be stable drivers that will work for nearly everything so ASUS will pretty much stop updating them unless a major problem is discovered.

Matrix Leader
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
they were just released bro, they will get updated soon on those pages

Phrozen
04-09-2013, 08:44 PM
The drivers on the ASUS website are just the latest drivers that have actually been tested by ASUS. There are often newer drivers available direct from the component manufacturers' websites. This is especially the case as your laptop gets older. Most of the bugs and performance improvements will have been worked out and there will be stable drivers that will work for nearly everything so ASUS will pretty much stop updating them unless a major problem is discovered.

Perfect answer. Thank you! I am going to give these new drivers a whirl here right now!

Matrix Leader
04-09-2013, 09:00 PM

But these drivers ARE from ASUS, the link is from the ASUS FTP server they are not manufacturer drivers

Dreamonic
04-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes.

The way it works is ASUS partners with certain distributors, manufacturers and marketeers. When drivers are released, the same hands that exchanged in the beginning are still working with ASUS by tied agreements in contract. When said manufacturer releases a product or driver update of their own revisions, ASUS may request an updated driver as well until their contract ends with them. The two go hand-in-hand. ASUS marks their versions differently than other manufacturers and vice versa. So you may be getting the same one or SIMILAR drivers as who initially released them, it's just that it's going to be tested by an ASUS Sound Technician before ASUS releases it to the public.

As xeromist said, as your laptop get older (or the end of partners term) then the updates are no longer received so you'll have to go to the original maker and grab their drivers which will not be TESTED just for the purpose of your system but all other devices that use their hardware. Don't read into it too much, just download the appropriate driver and judge it based on how it performs for your G.

If 1600's don't fit your fancy, go to the 1400's... don't like 1400's, go 1200's... (shrugs)

We all find gems here and there when we don't follow the flock ;)

xeromist
04-09-2013, 10:15 PM
But these drivers ARE from ASUS, the link is from the ASUS FTP server they are not manufacturer drivers

Not sure. As Mike Lu mentioned these may have been tested with another model or perhaps ASUS hasn't got around to updating the product specific pages.

cl-Albert
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
i suggest you download by model.

Not sure. As Mike Lu mentioned these may have been tested with another model or perhaps ASUS hasn't got around to updating the product specific pages.

1. I'm thinking about creating a sticky thread to explain this, but search the ASUS download site (http://support.asus.com/Download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) by your model to find the latest ASUS approved drivers for your notebook (safest).

2. If you choose to select the model manually under the ASUS download site (http://support.asus.com/Download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1), you will see there are additional (secret?) 'apps' and 'drivers' categories under the notebook series that you can choose to find newer unapproved drivers as in the screenshot below which may be ASUS customized in some cases. Sometimes one of these drivers will finally be approved for a particular (newer) model and appear under the approved drivers page for that model, so you might consider some of them as possible driver 'release candidates'.
Anyway, if you are having driver related problems, are using the latest ASUS approved drivers for your notebook, and can take the risk, these 'unapproved' ASUS drivers might be able to help occasionally.

3. If the latest ASUS approved and unapproved drivers from the ASUS download site don't help, you may want to check the component manufacturer's website (like nVidia, Via, etc.) for updated drivers that you can use, but there may be a greater chance they can cause some problems too.

Matrix Leader
04-10-2013, 02:38 PM
I had to revert back to the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 as these newer ones has a problem.

When I connected my G75VW to my TV via the HDMI cable, the sound was not coming in the TV only the picture and the audio was coming only from the G75VW speakers no matter how many times I restarted my laptop and tried to disconnect / connect the HDMI cable

the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 are the best for me so far

Clintlgm
04-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmm that's interesting, The Audio on HDMI is Digital controlled by the NVidia drivers? While the VIA Audio drivers cover everything not HDMI or TB, Correct me if I mistaken.

Matrix Leader
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Hmm that's interesting, The Audio on HDMI is Digital controlled by the NVidia drivers? While the VIA Audio drivers cover everything not HDMI or TB, Correct me if I mistaken.

strange, so why did my downgrading back to the older drivers fix the issue

WontonNoodle
04-10-2013, 05:40 PM
bass doesnt work properly

1400 is the best

Clintlgm
04-10-2013, 09:17 PM
yes that is interesting, I've staid with the 600 Via Driver and have never tried the HDMI So I don't have any answer

cl-Albert
04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I had to revert back to the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 as these newer ones has a problem.

When I connected my G75VW to my TV via the HDMI cable, the sound was not coming in the TV only the picture and the audio was coming only from the G75VW speakers no matter how many times I restarted my laptop and tried to disconnect / connect the HDMI cable

the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 are the best for me so far

I haven't tried this out recently and don't know if it will help, but if you try the newer driver again or run into the audio HDMI-out issue, check your playback devices as in the screenshot below to make sure your digital output is set as the default playback device instead of your notebook speakers.
The notebook was not connected to a TV in the screenshot below, so you don't see the option for the digital output, but if you see it in your system, try setting it as the default to output audio through the HDMI.
Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar to see the option for playback devices.

GottiBoi55
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM

I agree, this file looks very strange, and suspicious!
This "zip file" is only half the size of other "official Asus downloads" for the VIA drivers (red flag anyone?).
Why do you always post "zip file" attachments instead of a link to the download page? (Can you say, another red flag?).
That other link you posted sends us to the Asus download search, and not directly to the download.
When doing the search for model you find the downloads, but the last "official driver" download is from August of 2012 (Version V6.01.10600) for my G75 on Win7.

PS: I sure hope you guys that did downloaded this "zip file" did a "Virus scan" before you installed it!
I would never install anything that I didn't know "exactly" where it came from, just saying!

UnAimed
04-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I just checked the G55VW driver download page and it still only shows the latest as 10.1200

DeltaActual
04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
You guys should all realize one simple thing - Asus or VIA will never fix that mess with sub-woofer on G75. So, there is no point to install new set of half-assed drivers over the old ones.

mrc00l88
04-20-2013, 12:43 AM
where can i download the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 since it looks like the 1600 is no good? (is the 1400 the best?) thanks!

Matrix Leader
04-20-2013, 01:16 AM
where can i download the VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 since it looks like the 1600 is no good? (is the 1400 the best?) thanks!

VIA Audio Driver 6.0.10.1400 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_VIA_Win8_VER60101400.zip)