PDA

View Full Version : Help installing new mSATA SSD (set up)

Vicodin
04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Hello,
So I got my Clevo P150em. I am going to install a Plextor mSATA SSD. Unlike most computers, mine actually came with a Windows 7 install disk. So I am going to do a fresh install. I just need some help with the bios...

1. The SATA setting is currently set to RAID, even though there is only one hard drive. I notice it is utilizing Intel Rapid Storage Technology though. So, do I just leave it at RAID, or change it to AHCI? Will TRIM still work in RAID, but on a single drive? (I have heard that TRIM does not work when using RAID 0, multiple drives. This will not be the case)

2. Bios boot in Legacy or UEFI? Current settings in BIOS boot in Legacy mode. Can I use UEFI on WIndows 7? Is there a point? Looking for which is going to run/boot faster. Althought I heard UEFI is more for Windows 8...

Any input on this would be appreciated. Thank you!

ZeroBarrier
04-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Um... This is the ROG G75, G55 & G46 forum. Why would you ask for help installing an mSATA drive in your Clevo p150em on this forum?...

httuner
04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Don't set the settings to Raid, set your settings to AHCI and go from there_ remove all existing harddrives/ssd's if you have them and just keep the mSata SSD installed_

Go through the windows installation process onto the mSata SSD_ after its completed, load into windows and then shutdown computer. Install your other HDD or SSD then restart and go into windows(Make sure its booting off your mSata SSD) then repartition your old HDD or SSD for use as storage devices

Dreamonic
04-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Vicodin used to own a G55. This place was his home ;)

13fist
04-10-2013, 04:49 AM
....and he is still fighting with that mushkin msata. Just as soon as he gets it running in his G55, he sells that and starts all over. I wonder what he will buy after this one is up and running?:confused: lol
Already been answered and I concur. If you are not using raid, then change the setting to ahci. uefi.. meh. I vote turn it off. And make sure you have current stable chip set and controller drivers this time.:D