PDA

View Full Version : G75vw case mod

Cyrax
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Im thinking of modding the case of my g75vw. Im thinking of painting the aluminium parts all red and maybe getting some led lights into the afterburner exhaust outlets.

Has anyone attempted mods to their g75 yet?
I know most people have paid alot of money for these fine machines and wouldn't dare do such a thing but im sick of the look of mine and want to be different

Tmjpwns
04-10-2013, 01:21 PM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?31662-LED-exhaust-fan-mod.&country=&status=

As for the painting, there are a lot of screws to get the keyboard loose from the top cover.

80-ish according to Bignazpwns.

13fist
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm planning on making intake ports directly under the fans. Mostly to reduce the dust getting pulled into every single port and opening in the case. When I opened up to replace the factory installed ram, the fans themselves were pretty clean, but everything else had dust from every direction.
I am on the fence about the leds, but I am leaning toward some air brush work on the back of the monitor.... I'm thinking gothy pinup girl would look cool.

Cyrax
04-11-2013, 06:50 AM
I'm planning on making intake ports directly under the fans. Mostly to reduce the dust getting pulled into every single port and opening in the case. When I opened up to replace the factory installed ram, the fans themselves were pretty clean, but everything else had dust from every direction.
I am on the fence about the leds, but I am leaning toward some air brush work on the back of the monitor.... I'm thinking gothy pinup girl would look cool.

lol pinup gurl would look so wicked dude. I have ordered me a laptop skin from our local trading site in new zealand its a huge decepticon decal im hoping it fits the g75 otherwise i will have to cut to fit.

As for the painting of the aluminium chasis i had mentioned in my original posting im haven 2nd thoughts of having to take 80 screws aprt lol.

Cyrax
04-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Im thinking of modding the case of my g75vw. Im thinking of painting the aluminium parts all red and maybe getting some led lights into the afterburner exhaust outlets.

Has anyone attempted mods to their g75 yet?
I know most people have paid alot of money for these fine machines and wouldn't dare do such a thing but im sick of the look of mine and want to be different

OHHHHHHHHH the 80 screws LOL.....im so having second thoughts about painting the aluminium chasis now hehe the pain staking task of all them screws will haunt me if i make a fatal mistake.

Tmjpwns
04-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Just do it on a big table with a bunch of separate small containers and you will be fine. I picked mine apart because of a faulty mobo screen connection. Just double/triple check when you reassemble it that you put in all the screws.

Zygomorphic
04-11-2013, 08:17 PM
If you get it done, that would be awesome. The aluminum might be the easiest to do, since it doesn't require additional wiring. I'm not familiar with the G75's wiring/power supply system.

13fist
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't let the number of screws scare you. there are only 3 or 4 different sizes. the majority of the screws are marked "A" size M2.5x8mm.
taking pics as you go or getting the process on video will help get it all back together. I'm hoping to have time to do some case modding this weekend. I think case modders need our own logo. Club warranty voided or something.

cosmicmango
04-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Why paint it when you can just put on a vinyl skin, see the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Decalrus%20MATTE%20Protective%20Decal%20S kin%20Sticker%20for%20ASUS%20G75%20Series%20G75VW% 20

grungeboy2
04-11-2013, 11:41 PM
if you decide to paint it, make sure to cover the job with some clear coat. matte or glossy, depending on your preference.

Cyrax
04-12-2013, 10:56 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Decalrus%20MATTE%20Protective%20Decal%20S kin%20Sticker%20for%20ASUS%20G75%20Series%20G75VW% 20

These are wicked dude saves a whole lot of trouble. Im going to get one of these. Thanks for the wicked link

Zygomorphic
04-13-2013, 12:15 PM

I guess some people like painting :p, and the texture of paint is different from a vinyl skin, and he may want that effect. Looking forward to the final product. Pics please! :)

13fist
04-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Here is my air brush guy http://kustompaintbyed.com/gallery.htm
We are working out the details of what and how to paint. I want something that is truly custom. Years later when my G75 is outdated and replaced, I can pull the case off and hang it up, preserving the artwork.
Going to try to get started on improving airflow tonight or tomorrow.

superman2k2
05-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Did you ever get any of these mods done?