PDA

View Full Version : keyboard letters typing secondary fn keys (G46VW)

Jinh0o
04-12-2013, 12:10 AM
My U,I,O,P,J,K,L,M,8,9,0 seems to be typing the secondary Fn symbols. Whenever I hold down fn and press those is when it will type the primary letters.. Is this a defect? what can i do?

cl-Albert
04-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi, sounds like you just have the numlock set and you should be able to press FN+INSERT (above the the backspace key) to toggle it back.

You don't have the separate number pad on your keyboard like the G75 models, but your smaller system is a lot easier to carry around, so just one of the trade-offs between the two.

rhk217
07-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello,
I had the same problem. I figured out what happened after a google search.

I use a USB keyboard with my laptop. It has a numpad and I obviously used it. So whenever I used my laptop keyboard I was surprised to find out the numlock was turned on, even though I didnt do it. I thought it was some registry fault or some setting somewhere that made the numlock turn on at startup. Turns out that the problem was that when using my external keyboard I'd turn on numlock and this also turns on the numlock on my laptop keyboard.

cl-Albert
07-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Good observation rhk217 and thanks for sharing. I've noticed the same issue before, but didn't think of it this time.