PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73jh video driver problems

Infinitefan
04-14-2013, 05:31 AM
My dad has a g73jh, and he's having many issues involving his driver not wanting to update properly. His card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, and the second latest driver he has will work almost perfectly, the latest driver doesn't. Now when he plays Bioshock Infinite, which has been the source of all his trouble lately, sometimes it's slow, and if he plays for too long, it can freeze and go to the Blue Screen. He also sometimes gets an error of "could not load file cli.implementation." No other game has sent him to the blue screen before. Any ideas about what's wrong?

Pitcher@asus
04-15-2013, 01:37 AM
i thnk reflash back secound driver or download driver from asus support site.

Infinitefan
04-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Is there a link to which driver I'm supposed to download?

darkthrone
04-15-2013, 06:45 AM
why not try ati beta version you can get it from guru3d

kb0sdq
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I also have the G73jh If you have not upgraded the vbios then you have to use the drivers on the asus site. If you have upgraded the vbios then you can use current and beta drivers from ati. The info to upgrade is http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference&highlight=g73jh+vbios
just follow the directions and all should be ok. Just remember the forum or myself are not responsible if you have issues with your machine.
I personally did not have any problems I upgraded my bios to 213 and also the vbios.
Hope this helps.
Happy ROG_n

Doug

Infinitefan
04-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Ok, it turns out he has the latest bios, but I'm a bit hesitant about updating the vbios. He's never suffered a GSOD, only a BSOD, and even then, it's mostly been from Bioshock Infinite as far as I know. Also, some of the utilities don't want to run, he has x64 Windows 7, and most seem meant for 32 bit.

billyray520
04-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I am hesitant to update the vBios myself as I heard it breaks the HDMI output. I use my laptop to watch internet tv, plugged into my big screen tv. Otherwise you should only use the Asus drivers not the updated ATI ones.

passwerdz
04-17-2013, 02:26 AM
Why would he only use the asus ati driver when they haven't been updated in 3 years? Can not even play any games that are out!