PDA

View Full Version : Are my eyes ok or does Splendid suck?

Matrix Leader
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I tried using Splendid to enhance the colors on my crappy glossy 17.3 full HD screen but all the other profiles of Splendid appear to be kinda orangy / red. So the only one which looks good is the normal profile.

am I missing something here?

Pitcher@asus
04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
please set color to default at VGA control pannel.

Matrix Leader
04-16-2013, 09:13 AM
please set color to default at VGA control pannel.

The color in the nVIDIA control panel was already at default but if I try to use Splendid, only the normal profile looks acceptable the rest are all kind of red in color so they look ugly.

So I don't understand what's the use of this splendid and where's the enhancement? it looks like it's a downgrade not an enhancement

httuner
04-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Asus Splendid technology allows you to do some monitor calibration. If you take your time to calibrate the colors it can turn out pretty nice.

Zygomorphic
04-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Asus Splendid technology allows you to do some monitor calibration. If you take your time to calibrate the colors it can turn out pretty nice.

Yeah...the default settings can look pretty bad, so I don't tend to use it. If you are willing to go through some effort to correct the faulty initial settings, it could be real useful. Since I don't watch movies or edit photos, it really doesn't matter to me. :) Anyway, I use LINUX, so the utility doesn't work there. :p

SteveK
04-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I tried using Splendid to enhance the colors on my crappy glossy 17.3 full HD screen but all the other profiles of Splendid appear to be kinda orangy / red. So the only one which looks good is the normal profile.

am I missing something here?

You are not missing anything. Not only does it suck, it is also useless. There is no way that the colors on the app are even remotely close to any viable standard. Remove it and save the disk space. The colors are much better without it.

Matrix Leader
04-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I removed that horrible piece of crap! seems like ASUS software is all crap:

ASUS Live update (a total disaster which even ASUS themselves recommend you uninstall)
ASUS Flash (the perfect way to brick your notebook
SPLENDIND - Garbage video enhancement technology
InstantOn - Instant? lol, yeah right. it's slower than booting up from a cold boot
Power4Gear Hybrid - another useless power profiles utility that adds 5 garbage profiles which u need to configure from scratch to make them usable. Even if I have hibernation off in Windows and disabled, it will set hibernation to X amount of minutes for every profile! The hibernation features is turned off for god's sake!

finalhour
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I removed that horrible piece of crap! seems like ASUS software is all crap:

ASUS Live update (a total disaster which even ASUS themselves recommend you uninstall)
ASUS Flash (the perfect way to brick your notebook
SPLENDIND - Garbage video enhancement technology
InstantOn - Instant? lol, yeah right. it's slower than booting up from a cold boot
Power4Gear Hybrid - another useless power profiles utility that adds 5 garbage profiles which u need to configure from scratch to make them usable. Even if I have hibernation off in Windows and disabled, it will set hibernation to X amount of minutes for every profile! The hibernation features is turned off for god's sake!

I believe the correct term is "Bloatware" ;-)