PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Screen Problems

HONAW
04-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Hey,

I recently got the G75VW and it seems to have developed a screen problem.
In greys, off-whites, and black there are thin vertical lines that go through the whole screen and are at the same intervals throughout. They also show up in grey to black gradients.

Is there a solution?

Pitcher@asus
04-16-2013, 01:45 AM
what is situation occur and always in there?do yo u try install driver again?, if SW can not fixed, it would be HW problem, you also can bring to service center when are in warranry, because it would be disassemblying unit to check is FPC not install completen or pannel problem.

ben02
04-16-2013, 02:48 PM
weird fix but it worked for me: open up the laptop and make sure there are no wires being compressed under any screws. the cords under the screen hinges may be jammed.

i didn't install any drivers or anything. just opened it up and closed it again. still dunno how it got fixed, but hey i'm happy with it!

finalhour
04-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Hey,

I recently got the G75VW and it seems to have developed a screen problem.
In greys, off-whites, and black there are thin vertical lines that go through the whole screen and are at the same intervals throughout. They also show up in grey to black gradients.

Is there a solution?

If you search the forum you'll find that this is a well-reported issue that ASUS has chosen to ignore, which makes me wonder why Mike_Lu is even responding since the company claims to be unable to replicate it and will simply put in the same faulty panel model if you RMA, which will produce the same effect when viewing specific shades of blacks and grays. I too have this issue, it comes up a lot for me while editing photos in lightroom, but I can't get around it unless I shell out the cash for an external monitor.

finalhour
04-16-2013, 03:34 PM
weird fix but it worked for me: open up the laptop and make sure there are no wires being compressed under any screws. the cords under the screen hinges may be jammed.

i didn't install any drivers or anything. just opened it up and closed it again. still dunno how it got fixed, but hey i'm happy with it!

If this seriously works I want to hear more about what you did...

dstrakele
04-16-2013, 06:55 PM

+1 An interesting solution and possible explanation for this issue.

slayer2333
04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
+1 Also for this solution as i am getting this issue as well. Do we need to disassemble the screen only for that ? Other question, do you remember if your issue was gone when uninstalling nvidia drivers ?

From 1 side i think that the jammed cords may be THE source of the problem, as my G75 was working well before i sent it to my 1st RMA ( maybe they disassembled it then screwed back on the cords).
From another side, i think that if it was a physical problem then uninstalling nvidia drivers would not fix that flickering.
We'll see once tested.

HONAW
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
I would love to know your solution also.

StreetGT
04-17-2013, 09:06 AM
If you search the forum you'll find that this is a well-reported issue that ASUS has chosen to ignore, which makes me wonder why Mike_Lu is even responding since the company claims to be unable to replicate it and will simply put in the same faulty panel model if you RMA, which will produce the same effect when viewing specific shades of blacks and grays. I too have this issue, it comes up a lot for me while editing photos in lightroom, but I can't get around it unless I shell out the cash for an external monitor.

Best answer ever, agree with you!

ben02
04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
If this seriously works I want to hear more about what you did...
that's actually all i did. maybe i just have a magic touch.

really wanna see if it works for anyone else. i never knew it was a well-reported issue.

HONAW
04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Did you just take off the screen or did you go to the connection on the motherboard?

ben02
04-17-2013, 11:45 PM
went under the hinges and also to motherboard. hope it helps.

finalhour
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
went under the hinges and also to motherboard. hope it helps.
2 questions:

1. Does doing that void a warranty?

2. Can you let me know if you'd be willing to test your fix by looking at an image on your VW screen that produces the lines on mine? I shoot photos of live bands, usually indoors and thus low-light settings, which frequently produces the right shades of blacks to cause the lines to appear on my screen, even though they aren't in the photo on any other monitor (non G75VW monitors). I can post one here if that's cool? I just want to be sure before I try this out that it will fix the issue.

ben02
04-18-2013, 05:07 PM
1. dunno about the warranty. nobody would be able to tell/care, just as long as you're careful and don't damage it. (plus i guess asus would rather avoid another RMA anyway.) trust me it's pretty easy to open up if i can do it. here's the guide i used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA
2. yeah lemme see it