PDA

View Full Version : Question for CG8480

kokoo
04-16-2013, 02:43 AM
Hi i just bought my new cg8480 like 2 days ago and i just started using it but then i notice that unlike other computers my hard drives are separated 1 is the windows C: which is 128gb and the other is the new volume D: which is 3tb and i know that when i bought it lol but when i installed all the games that i wanted all of it goes to the windows C and now that i don't have enough space for more i don't know how will i able to use the other drive.... I know this is a lame question but yeah lol i need to know what should i do... thanks xD

Myk SilentShadow
04-16-2013, 02:49 AM
Hey there and welcome to ROG Forums :)

What you have there is 2 drives, a 128GB SSD(Solid State Drive) and a conventional 3TB HDD. To get your games to install to the 2nd drive, all you have to do is choose that drive when you run an installer...and I would recommend you save your save games etc and start by 1st uninstalling at least all of your games and installing them all on your HDD, as this will help keep your SSD in tip-top shape :)

Chino
04-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Welcome to the ROG forums, kokoo.

Your 128GB drive is probably a SSD and your 3TB is the platter drive to store all your stuff. It's challenging to manage a 128GB SSD but it can be done. To install your programs or games to your 3TB drive, all you have to do is choose that drive during installation. Some programs/games let you choose a specific location and in others you usually have to select the Custom install to modify the location for install.

Alternatively, if you feel comfortable editing the registry, you can change the default installation path via the registry. That way you won't have to choose a different one everytime you install something.

1. Launch Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion
3. You'll see a value named ProgramFilesDir.
4. Double click it and change it to the location you want.

Note: If you have the 64bit version of Windows, you'll see ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86. Change both of them.