PDA

View Full Version : G75VW - Screen problems

gpuzz
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Hello

I have 2 problems.

1. When it displays dark images, the screen starts to pulsate black/grey. I believe this might be a driver issue, since it doesn't happen when i uninnstall the driver, but thats no solution.. it only renders the computer useless..

When i scroll, it doesnt seem like the screen is fast enough? pictures gets either smudged out all over the place, or it starts to flicker(it breakes up).
Also when i have a white background with e.g green fontcolor, it dims the fonts while i scroll...

Anybody have any good ideas here? The computer works, but these small things pisses me off, the laptop costs half a month sallary, i expect it to work flawlessly..

I have the newest driver installed(tried older aswell) 314.22

finalhour
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Hello

I have 2 problems.

1. When it displays dark images, the screen starts to pulsate black/grey. I believe this might be a driver issue, since it doesn't happen when i uninnstall the driver, but thats no solution.. it only renders the computer useless..

When i scroll, it doesnt seem like the screen is fast enough? pictures gets either smudged out all over the place, or it starts to flicker(it breakes up).
Also when i have a white background with e.g green fontcolor, it dims the fonts while i scroll...

Anybody have any good ideas here? The computer works, but these small things pisses me off, the laptop costs half a month sallary, i expect it to work flawlessly..

I have the newest driver installed(tried older aswell) 314.22

There are several issues with the stock, Chi Mei panel they use in the VW model, but I've never heard of this. Can you take a photo of your screen next time this happens and post it so we can see the exact appearance of what you're talking about?

dstrakele
04-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Try backrevving the NVIDIA driver to a version earlier than 314.22 or wait for a new NVIDIA driver release.

gpuzz
04-16-2013, 08:46 PM
http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/44397341/file.html

If u look closely, u see movements, this not my cam, but the freaking screen itself!!

gpuzz
04-16-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www70.zippyshare.com/v/44397341/file.html

If u look closely, u see movements, this not my cam, but the freaking screen itself!!

dstrakele
04-16-2013, 09:59 PM
If you connect your laptop to an external monitor or HDTV, does the flickering occur on the external display as well?

Pitcher@asus
04-17-2013, 04:01 AM
how is useing asus provide driver at asus support site? still same?

gpuzz
04-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Ok, now i've tried the laptop on my 47" LED tv, on the tv.. the picture is perfect!
On the laptop, it blinks.....
I have tried both drivers from asus page( Version V9.18.13.1100.02 ) and nvidia page. still problems!

slayer2333
04-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Can you please try to create a custom resolution from Nvidia Control Panel , use CVT reduced Blank instead of AUTOMATIC in TIMING.
Thats my working solution for now, but it works only with my native resolution (1600x900).
Let me know how it goes.

dstrakele
04-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok, now i've tried the laptop on my 47" LED tv, on the tv.. the picture is perfect!
On the laptop, it blinks.....
I have tried both drivers from asus page( Version V9.18.13.1100.02 ) and nvidia page. still problems!

These test results indicate the problem is hardware-related and lies with a poorly-connected or defective LVDS cable, or with the laptop display.

gpuzz
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
These test results indicate the problem is hardware-related and lies with a poorly-connected or defective LVDS cable, or with the laptop display.

Ok, so what should i do then? i've tried calling asus support, they didnt know jack shiet.....

Quasimodem
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Ok, so what should i do then? i've tried calling asus support, they didnt know jack shiet.....

Call multiple times until you get the desired result...

dstrakele
04-18-2013, 03:38 AM
If your laptop is new, contact your retailer to see if you can exchange your defective laptop for a new one.